Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP 2.0 War deployment issue(Not all bundles are being started)
RAP 2.0 War deployment issue [message #949183] Thu, 18 October 2012 19:37 Go to next message
Neil Corbet is currently offline Neil CorbetFriend
Hello All,

Recently, we began development on a RAP 2.0 project. We are using maven Tycho to build our WAR and we have run into an interesting problem. FWIW, we modeled our project on the famous maildemo tycho example.

I cannot access my RAP application after deploying the war to Tomcat 7. Using the osgi console I checked to see what bundles were ACTIVE. I noticed that my custom RAP application was not in the list. I rechecked the config.ini and it is definitely in the list. So, I manually installed it and then started it from the osgi console. Running diag against my bundle it stated there were no unresolved dependencies.

I then restarted Tomcat and I could access my RAP application.

Anyone else have this issue, the same application as RAP 1.5 deploys fine?

Thanks,
Neil

Re: RAP 2.0 War deployment issue [message #1002929 is a reply to message #949183] Sat, 19 January 2013 22:01 Go to previous message
Paul Bilnoski is currently offline Paul BilnoskiFriend
Neil-
I am having the same issue - a product that works properly in hosted mode with RAP 2.0 and worked properly when deployed with 1.5 to Tomcat. I was running out of things to try, but your "fix" of restarting tomcat at least allows my app to run.

I thought it might have had something to do with converting the branding and application extension points to the 2.0 mechanism, but since it works in hosted mode I thought it should also work when deployed. I also considered it may be a problem with the configuration in the WAR file, but since restarting tomcat allows it to work I still do not know how to track it down any farther.

We still use a modified PDE export, and are currently working on a Tycho/Hudson solution; it is good at least to know that isn't necessarily what causes the problem.

--Paul
Previous Topic:Update View Dynamically?
Next Topic:Custom Widget Ids for Widgets supplied by Extensions (Menu, Toolbar)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:19:51 GMT 2024