Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Where is Automated GUI Recorder?
Where is Automated GUI Recorder? [message #131083] Wed, 11 June 2008 08:59 Go to next message
Hans Schwaebli is currently offline Hans Schwaebli
Messages: 70
Registered: July 2009
Member
We are searching for a GUI test tool or framework for testing RCP
applications.

I downloaded the TPTP version of Eclipse
(eclipse-rcp-europa-winter-win32.zip) and installed the latest TPTP
(webinstall). But I discovered that I only can do HTTP recording then.

We need to record SWT events instead. Is this possible with TPTP?

It seems to be possible according to
http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/test/documents/userguides/Intro- Auto-GUI.html#2.0

But there is no wizard "TPTP Automated GUI Tests" in my Eclipse. Why not?

Another question is, whether that only records in XML or if it can be
recorded as Java statements too?
Re: Where is Automated GUI Recorder? [message #131110 is a reply to message #131083] Wed, 11 June 2008 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hans Schwaebli is currently offline Hans Schwaebli
Messages: 70
Registered: July 2009
Member
I found it. I needed to install the technology previews at the TPTP
download site.
Re: Where is Automated GUI Recorder? [message #131137 is a reply to message #131110] Wed, 11 June 2008 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Hans,
In TPTP 4.5, the AGR became an As-Is component (see
http://wiki.eclipse.org/4.5_Component_Reorganization). Previously, it was a
Technology Preview.

Paul
"Hans Schwaebli" <hans_schwaebli@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:faaaf24ce19b8423ba0012013b980938$1@www.eclipse.org...
>I found it. I needed to install the technology previews at the TPTP
>download site.
>
Re: Where is Automated GUI Recorder? [message #131152 is a reply to message #131083] Wed, 11 June 2008 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Hans,
Note, the AGR only supports Eclipse applications and not RCP/SWT
applications.

An AGR recording is an XML macro containing events on widgets for
playback. Only verification hooks are implemented in Java code.

Paul
"Hans Schwaebli" <hans_schwaebli@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:be7ec383d2fbbae62ebcc7dd79fa3f11$1@www.eclipse.org...
> We are searching for a GUI test tool or framework for testing RCP
> applications.
>
> I downloaded the TPTP version of Eclipse
> (eclipse-rcp-europa-winter-win32.zip) and installed the latest TPTP
> (webinstall). But I discovered that I only can do HTTP recording then.
>
> We need to record SWT events instead. Is this possible with TPTP?
>
> It seems to be possible according to
> http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/test/documents/userguides/Intro- Auto-GUI.html#2.0
>
> But there is no wizard "TPTP Automated GUI Tests" in my Eclipse. Why not?
>
> Another question is, whether that only records in XML or if it can be
> recorded as Java statements too?
>
Re: Where is Automated GUI Recorder? [message #131174 is a reply to message #131152] Wed, 11 June 2008 10:30 Go to previous message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=114159.

"Paul Slauenwhite" <paules@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:g2o9dp$n8a$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi Hans,
> Note, the AGR only supports Eclipse applications and not RCP/SWT
> applications.
>
> An AGR recording is an XML macro containing events on widgets for
> playback. Only verification hooks are implemented in Java code.
>
> Paul
> "Hans Schwaebli" <hans_schwaebli@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:be7ec383d2fbbae62ebcc7dd79fa3f11$1@www.eclipse.org...
>> We are searching for a GUI test tool or framework for testing RCP
>> applications.
>>
>> I downloaded the TPTP version of Eclipse
>> (eclipse-rcp-europa-winter-win32.zip) and installed the latest TPTP
>> (webinstall). But I discovered that I only can do HTTP recording then.
>>
>> We need to record SWT events instead. Is this possible with TPTP?
>>
>> It seems to be possible according to
>> http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/test/documents/userguides/Intro- Auto-GUI.html#2.0
>>
>> But there is no wizard "TPTP Automated GUI Tests" in my Eclipse. Why not?
>>
>> Another question is, whether that only records in XML or if it can be
>> recorded as Java statements too?
>>
>
>
Previous Topic:serverProfilers extension point always execute TPTP delegate class
Next Topic:Automated GUI Recorder: automating with Java statements instead of XML?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Sep 19 03:52:04 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03866 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software