Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Accessing default presentations while using a PresentationFactory(Want to change a few aspects while leaving the rest alone)
Accessing default presentations while using a PresentationFactory [message #941528] Fri, 12 October 2012 16:08 Go to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
I am running a RAP application in Jetty. I have created a plugin that uses a PresentationFactory class, which in turn creates an IWindowComposer implementation, to give special treatment to the main menubar and toolbar areas in the postWindowOpen() method. However, I want the rest of the appearance (including such things as view toolbars) to remain the same as for a plain, no-branding RAP application, without having to re-implement the whole default presentation from scratch.

I have tried setting up an org.eclipse.rap.ui.branding extension wherein the presentationFactory is assigned a defaultStackPresentation that simply uses the existing ConfigurableStack class, but the views are still not showing up properly; for example, none of the closable tabs have their close buttons, and all of the view toolbars are piled up in the upper-left corner of the perspective instead of showing up in their respective views.

So my question is, is there any way I can access the appearance of the default presentation, while overriding and re-implementing as little as possible, but still make the small tweaks in my WindowComposer class? Or is there a better way to programmatically make such tweaks without affecting the rest of the appearance?
Re: Accessing default presentations while using a PresentationFactory [message #952393 is a reply to message #941528] Sun, 21 October 2012 12:17 Go to previous message
Thomas Kratz is currently offline Thomas KratzFriend
I had the same problems these days and found it impossible to reuse the workbench presentation elements with reasonable efforts.
Previous Topic:Events not working
Next Topic:How to provide a download button?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:34:58 GMT 2024