Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Is timeline preserved within TPTPs?
Is timeline preserved within TPTPs? [message #124651] Thu, 28 February 2008 03:01 Go to next message
Liviu Chiriac is currently offline Liviu ChiriacFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
When I use TPTP, I seem to see the latest, updated stats from the reomte jvm
But, can I go bak 5, 10 minutes to see how the system was at that time?
Maybe some classes not there, etc...
Re: Is timeline preserved within TPTPs? [message #124981 is a reply to message #124651] Sun, 02 March 2008 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Asaf Yaffe is currently offline Asaf YaffeFriend
Messages: 333
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Liviu Chiriac wrote:
> When I use TPTP, I seem to see the latest, updated stats from the reomte jvm
> But, can I go bak 5, 10 minutes to see how the system was at that time?
> Maybe some classes not there, etc...
>
>

This "timeline" capability is available only in the Thread Profiler.
Other profilers aggregate results over time and the views do not
currently allow to "go back in time".

Feel free to open an enhancement request in Bugzilla
(https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/).

Regards,
Asaf

--
Asaf Yaffe
Eclipse TPTP Committer, JVMTI Profiler
Re: Is timeline preserved within TPTPs? [message #125044 is a reply to message #124981] Sun, 02 March 2008 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Liviu Chiriac is currently offline Liviu ChiriacFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
What I f I were to use the log to File option, would I be able to go back to
different points in time, to figure out how many instaces of a certain
object were there at a ... previous point in time?

Liviu

"Asaf Yaffe" <asaf.yaffe@intel.com> wrote in message
news:fqdpnn$npg$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Liviu Chiriac wrote:
>> When I use TPTP, I seem to see the latest, updated stats from the reomte
>> jvm But, can I go bak 5, 10 minutes to see how the system was at that
>> time? Maybe some classes not there, etc...
>>
>>
>
> This "timeline" capability is available only in the Thread Profiler. Other
> profilers aggregate results over time and the views do not currently allow
> to "go back in time".
>
> Feel free to open an enhancement request in Bugzilla
> (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/).
>
> Regards,
> Asaf
>
> --
> Asaf Yaffe
> Eclipse TPTP Committer, JVMTI Profiler
Re: Is timeline preserved within TPTPs? [message #125206 is a reply to message #125044] Mon, 03 March 2008 13:19 Go to previous message
Asaf Yaffe is currently offline Asaf YaffeFriend
Messages: 333
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Liviu Chiriac wrote:
> What I f I were to use the log to File option, would I be able to go back to
> different points in time, to figure out how many instaces of a certain
> object were there at a ... previous point in time?
>
> Liviu

Yes, this will work. Note, however, that the timestamp we use in the
trace file is a numeric identifier obtained from the gettimeofday
C-library function. It must be converted to a date/time value.

HTH,
Asaf

--
Asaf Yaffe
Eclipse TPTP Committer, JVMTI Profiler
Previous Topic:Behaviour Tab missing
Next Topic:Not able to use Verification Mechanism
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 28 11:12:51 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01751 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software