I'm new to EGit so someone please correct me if I'm doing something incorrectly. I've been reading various forum posts saying that EGit has a bug that doesn't allow for easy use of the Pull function after creating a new repository. Is this correct?
Here are my steps:
1. After creating a new Java Project and adding a main class, I create a new repository (Right click on project name in eclipse --> Team --> Share Project --> Git --> Create Repository)
2. After committing locally, I'm able to push my project to a new repository on github.
However, now if I right click on my project in "git repositories view" and Pull, I receive the following error:
"The current branch is not configured for pull
No value for key branch.master.merge found in configuration"
After some searching, I read that the only way to fix this is by adding the following keys to /.git/config
My question is, is this normal?Does a person always have to modify the config file when creating a new repository? Is there a better way to do this?
When I 'clone' a repository, the keys are automatically added to the config file. It seems strange to me.
So currently the fastest way I've found to get things up and running has been to:
1. Push the project to github
2. Delete the local repository and associated project
3. Clone the repository from github
Now pulls works without issue.
If someone can explain if I should be doing something differently it would be very much appreciated.