|We're Hiring! - Intellectual Property Analyst [message #903469]
||Thu, 23 August 2012 18:12
| Janet Campbell
Registered: July 2009
Please see the posting below. If you are interested in the position, please get in touch with us at janet at eclipse.org. Thanks!|
Description: Reporting to the Director of Intellectual Property, Legal Counsel and Secretary of the Foundation, the incumbent will be responsible for performing due diligence on inbound software contributions and maintaining well-documented records of the provenance of all source code in the Eclipse projects.
This position requires managing multiple software reviews at any given time. These reviews will have both a "heads down" review component as well as a high level of interaction with software developers from both within and outside the Eclipse community. The review component will require focus and ananalytical and research perspective. In performing the research on any given package, it is likely that you will be interacting quite heavily in writing with software developers from around the globe.
Desired Skills & Experience:*
- Excellent time-management skills and multi-tasking ability; able to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Client focused
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrates sound judgment by taking appropriate actions;
- Dependable and responsible; willing to take initiative in the workplace;
- Team player
- Very comfortable with email, instant messenger, and more generally a computing environment.
- Strong keyboarding skills;
B) Preferred: *
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with copyright law and software licensing.
- Experience with open source licensing issues.
- Background in software development with knowledge of how software is built, managed and distributed.
- Experience with open source software development.
- Knowledge or a willingness to learn HTML
- Experience with process and project management
* We really need (A). While preference will be given to candidates with (B) skills, those who don't have those skills but a demonstrated inclination and ability to dig in and learn (with our help of course) will also be considered. If you think you fit that bill, we would love to hear from you.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01805 seconds