Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse Help content not loading when upgrade from 3.2 to 3.7.2
eclipse Help content not loading when upgrade from 3.2 to 3.7.2 [message #903301] Thu, 23 August 2012 03:33 Go to next message
ishk gunathilake is currently offline ishk gunathilake
Messages: 27
Registered: April 2012
Junior Member
hi

I have upgraded the target platform of my app from eclipse 3.2 to 3.7.2. But now the help content is not loading.I have checked the class which extend AbstractHelpUI but i coudn't see any deprecated method there.It doesn't show any error messages.please help

regards
Re: eclipse Help content not loading when upgrade from 3.2 to 3.7.2 [message #903316 is a reply to message #903301] Thu, 23 August 2012 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani Megert
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 23.08.2012 05:34, ishara gunathilake wrote:
> hi
> I have upgraded the target platform of my app from eclipse 3.2 to
> 3.7.2. But now the help content is not loading.I have checked the
> class which extend AbstractHelpUI but i coudn't see any deprecated
> method there.It doesn't show any error messages.please help
Maybe you're using an outdated JRE. Try with JRE 6 or 7 if you don't do
already.

Dani
>
> regards
Re: eclipse Help content not loading when upgrade from 3.2 to 3.7.2 [message #903323 is a reply to message #903301] Thu, 23 August 2012 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ishk gunathilake is currently offline ishk gunathilake
Messages: 27
Registered: April 2012
Junior Member
thing is other components of my app working fine but the help content.The window is not loading. So if it is problem with jre version ,then i think whole app will not work.
Re: eclipse Help content not loading when upgrade from 3.2 to 3.7.2 [message #903327 is a reply to message #903323] Thu, 23 August 2012 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani Megert
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 23.08.2012 09:43, ishara gunathilake wrote:
> thing is other components of my app working fine but the help
> content.The window is not loading. So if it is problem with jre
> version ,then i think whole app will not work.
So, do you use JRE 6 or higher?

Dani
Re: eclipse Help content not loading when upgrade from 3.2 to 3.7.2 [message #903354 is a reply to message #903327] Thu, 23 August 2012 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ishk gunathilake is currently offline ishk gunathilake
Messages: 27
Registered: April 2012
Junior Member
im using jre6.i coudn't see any error log also.when i click on the help->help contents in my app, it does not load
Re: eclipse Help content not loading when upgrade from 3.2 to 3.7.2 [message #903414 is a reply to message #903354] Thu, 23 August 2012 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani Megert
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 23.08.2012 11:37, ishara gunathilake wrote:
> im using jre6.i coudn't see any error log also.when i click on the
> help->help contents in my app, it does not load
Try to launch with -debug. This writes more details to the console.

Dani
Re: eclipse Help content not loading when upgrade from 3.2 to 3.7.2 [message #903517 is a reply to message #903414] Fri, 24 August 2012 05:55 Go to previous message
ishk gunathilake is currently offline ishk gunathilake
Messages: 27
Registered: April 2012
Junior Member
yes i tried.but there's no error messages shown in logs. i think the problem having with server which use to launch the help system. 3.2 use tomcat and 3.7.2 use jetty. so my code is for help system which use tomcat.
Previous Topic:problem using preprocessor in Photran
Next Topic:WS-BPEL in Eclipse
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Sep 20 06:03:55 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.12641 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software