Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » JGit Custom Command
JGit Custom Command [message #903074] Tue, 21 August 2012 20:13 Go to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

I am looking to implement a multi-step git command for the workbench instead of having to use the external git-bash. Several of the steps will require the use of non-standard git commands.

First, I am assuming that it is possible to create a custom commit object the same as you would with 'git commit-tree'.

Second, I would like to manually update the object stored in a ref the same as you would with 'git update-ref'.

There are several other parts that would need to be implemented but are relatively straight forward (checkout / push / etc..). If I were to use the git-bash for what I described above it would look something like this:

git update-ref refs/heads/master $(echo 'some message' | git commit-tree branch^{tree}:the_desired_object -p $(cat .git/refs/heads/masster))

So would it be possible to create a command that executes this using EGit/JGit?

If so, could some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

JD
Re: JGit Custom Command [message #907365 is a reply to message #903074] Mon, 03 September 2012 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Could you describe what you want to achieve ?
Re: JGit Custom Command [message #907437 is a reply to message #907365] Tue, 04 September 2012 02:15 Go to previous message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

Instead of using an External Tool, I was looking to implement a customized git command to easily push to a remote. I use Jekyll to host several web sites that I develop with Eclipse. Because I host at GitHub and I use several custom extensions, I cannot use the hosted Jekyll instance.

Here is a blog that describes exactly what I am doing:
http://edhedges.com/blog/2012/07/30/jekyll-with-plugins-hosted-on-github-pages/

I was just seeing if there was a way to make this a little more simple from the workbench.

JD
Previous Topic:Merge tool disabled on conflict mode
Next Topic:EGit Annotations Across All Branches
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:15:34 GMT 2024