Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Eclipse Virgo's auto deploy takes long time when many files(Eclipse Virgo's auto deploy takes long time when many static resources)
Eclipse Virgo's auto deploy takes long time when many files [message #902543] Sat, 18 August 2012 06:28 Go to next message
Jay Huang is currently offline Jay Huang
Hi all, I am using eclipse and the latest VTS. in a deployed(through eclipse) application, if i change a file of a bundle with many files, it takes a long time to restart that bundle. for example, if i am moifying a javascript from a deployed bundle and save it, i expect to refresh the browser(maybe clear browser cache as well) and immediately see the changes, however, virgo first copies the ALL files from the bundle to the /stage directory which is then copied into /work dir. This makes refreshing the bundle very slow hence making web app developments very inconvinient.

Is it possible to make VTS deploy my bundles in my eclipse workspace directly? something like tomcat's 'docbase'?
am i missing some configurations?

Thanks all in advance.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 August 2012 06:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Virgo's auto deploy takes long time when many files [message #926114 is a reply to message #902543] Fri, 28 September 2012 06:05 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn Normington
Virgo doesn't support any other kinds of deployment from the tooling to avoid the overhead of copying, so I think the only solution would be to refactor your bundle into more than one bundle to make them smaller and easier to update. (You may be interested in snaps for modularising web apps.)

Hope that helps!
Previous Topic:change virgo to use aries instead of gemini
Next Topic:Deploying wab with persistence.xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 31 19:41:56 EDT 2014