Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Rayo look and feel problem
Rayo look and feel problem [message #902478] Fri, 17 August 2012 20:23 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
I created a swing app with a Rayo look and feel. The problem is that there is no margin around the controls and thus it looks a little ugly. See attachment

This is not what I see in other screenshots

What is going wrong?

Regards Bertin
Re: Rayo look and feel problem [message #902497 is a reply to message #902478] Fri, 17 August 2012 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Merkli is currently offline Stephan MerkliFriend
Hi Bertin

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but where have you placed your controls (e.g. Reporter smartfield)? Usually there is the form, within the form a MainBox, and within this MainBox there is another box (GroupBox) where you have to place your other controls (except OK & cancel buttons, which are placed directly in the MainBox).

Stephan

[Updated on: Fri, 17 August 2012 23:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Rayo look and feel problem [message #902748 is a reply to message #902497] Mon, 20 August 2012 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi there
Stephan is right: Placing a groupbox inside the mainbox is the recommended way to do this.

Here are some details to make it more clear: The margin is controlled by the property borderVisible. If set to true, there is one, otherwise not. But why is there no margin at the mainbox and no border at the inside groupbox? That's because of the property borderDecoration which is set to auto. Auto means the following: If it's the mainbox don't create any margin, if the groupbox has no label, don't paint any border.

Hope it helps
Claudio
Re: Rayo look and feel problem [message #902751 is a reply to message #902497] Mon, 20 August 2012 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi Stephan,

I added a groupBox and now it looks fine, thanks for the tip. But this means that I have to change all my forms when switching from a SWT client to Swing client.

I don't want to see the GroupBox. This means for a Swing client (label visible = false) and for a SWT client (border visible = fase). If you mix these settings only one of the two looks nice, not both at the same time. So developing these two clients next to each other is difficult.

Its not a problem for me because I only need one of the two clients.

Regards Bertin

Re: Rayo look and feel problem [message #902758 is a reply to message #902751] Mon, 20 August 2012 09:52 Go to previous message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi Bertin

You're absolutely right. The SWT and the Swing UI treat the borders of the group boxes not in the same way. As you said people mostly don't use swing and swt ui for the same app, so it typically is no problem. But it might get one when using the swt and web ui, which is far more common. The web ui works in the same way as the swing ui.

So in my opinion the behaviour should be fixed for the swt ui to make it consistent. 

Regards
Claudio
Previous Topic:How to create UI fields at runtime?
Next Topic:Webservice date conversion problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:49:06 GMT 2024