Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Switch between outlines
Switch between outlines [message #901560] Mon, 13 August 2012 12:02 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
If I have multiple outlines in my application, how can I switch between these outlines.

I tried it with a menu item and then override execAction like below.

@Override
protected void execAction() throws ProcessingException {
setOutline(AccountsOutline.class);
}

But the result is that the ouline that is showed then is not correct It is corrupted in a way that it does not show everything that should be in there.

Any suggestions?
Re: Switch between outlines [message #901759 is a reply to message #901560] Tue, 14 August 2012 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some additional info on this problem. I am using the SWT client.

When setOutline(AccountsOutline.class) is triggered from my desktop class, it calls
AbstractDesktop.setOutline(IOutline outline).

When I step through this last method with the debugger () , and return to my application GUI after this method is finished, everything looks fine in the GUI. I can do this over and over again and everything works fine.

But when I don't have a breakpoint in this method and don't go through it step by step then my GUI is NOT OK. TablePages are not visible anymore. After it once has gone wrong the pages will not become correct anymore, only after a restart of the client application.

Regards Bertin

Re: Switch between outlines [message #901800 is a reply to message #901759] Tue, 14 August 2012 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Lee is currently offline Ken LeeFriend
Hi Bertin,

I tried to reproduce your described problem but I couldn't manage to do that. Could you provide us some more details e.g. which Eclipse Scout version and Operating System you were using, a code snippet with the your outlines and menus, etc.?

Attached you can find a sample project I created with the latest stable Eclipse Scout Juno Release [1]. The sample application consists of 2 outlines named Test1Outline and Test2Outline. The Desktop opens a TestOutlineTreeForm and the DesktopForm. Both outlines are displayed in the TestOutlineTreeForm. There are two menus under the ToolsMenu for switching between these two outlines. The menus simply call setOutline(TestXOutline.class). The TestOutlineTreeForm has a DesktopListener that install the tree when the outline gets changed.

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/scout/releases
Re: Switch between outlines [message #901853 is a reply to message #901800] Tue, 14 August 2012 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ken,

I am working with the latest Juno release

(Version: Juno Release
Build id: 20120614-1722) If I check for updates there are none, so I think I am up to date.

on windowst home premiun 64 bit.

If I switch the outline, then the new outline is shown correctly for a very short moment, but then my tablePage disappears and is not coming back.

Compared to the code in the attachment I do the same. Although I cound not run it, because I don't know how to import this in my scout environment.

Regards Bertin
Re: Switch between outlines [message #901939 is a reply to message #901853] Wed, 15 August 2012 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Bertin,

Attached you can find a Zip file containing the same folder structure as your Scout application.
You can create a new Scout application, name it "test.app". Copy the files from the Zip file to your workspace where your application resides.

I created this example with the Scout template "Outline Tree and Table form" (New Scout project -> Scout Application Templates dialog) and added the a TestOutline and the menus to switch to this outline and to the StandardOutline. This seems to work fine on my machine.

Could you please provide us the source of your Desktop class and the sources of your outlines and menus?

Cheers,

Ken
Re: Switch between outlines [message #902010 is a reply to message #901939] Wed, 15 August 2012 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ken,

I tested your example and it works fine, but this part works OK for my own project too.
The problem in my own project is that in the outline that is shown after the switch, the tablePages will not show up anymore.

When I start my application the first (BugsOutline) outline is shown and next to that, the first tablePage (BugsAndFeaturesTablePage) is shown.

If I then switch to another outline, the tablePage in the second outline is gone, and if I switch back to the first outline then there the tablePage is also gone.

I have my desktop and outlines files attached.

Regards Bertin

Re: Switch between outlines [message #902046 is a reply to message #902010] Wed, 15 August 2012 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Bertin,

Thanks for the source files. Now I was able to reproduce your described problem. I'll have a look at it and keep you up-to-date.

Cheers,

Ken
Re: Switch between outlines [message #902738 is a reply to message #902046] Mon, 20 August 2012 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Bertin,

Could you also tell me if you are using Eclipse Scout Juno 32bit or 64bit? Which JVM Version (1.6, 1.7) do you use to start your Scout applications?

Cheers,

Ken
Re: Switch between outlines [message #902747 is a reply to message #902738] Mon, 20 August 2012 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ken,

This is what the about box in my app shows,

Taal: Nederlands
Opmaak: nl_NL
Java Runtime: 1.6.0_22
Java VM: 17.1-b03
Systeemversie: Windows 7 6.1
Systeemgebruiker: dynabyte
Geheugen: 22MB (total 61MB / max 494MB)
Netwerk vertraging: 119 ms
Server processing: 271 ms
Server: http://localhost:8080/scarabee/process
Gedetailleerde Versie: 1.0.0.qualifier

Eclipse version Version: Juno Release
Build id: 20120614-1722
It is the windows 32 bit version

Regards Bertin

Re: Switch between outlines [message #902824 is a reply to message #902747] Mon, 20 August 2012 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Bertin,

I assume that this could be a multi-threading issue in Scout. I've opened a Bugzilla ticket [1] and will do some more analysis.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=387625
Re: Switch between outlines [message #902952 is a reply to message #902824] Tue, 21 August 2012 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Bertin,

I've found out that the outline switch problem does not appear when using Eclipse 3.7 Indigo with the latest Scout version 3.8.201206130843 [1].
That's why I think that the potential multi-threading issue not directly related to Scout but in the underlying SWT library code of Eclipse 3.8 Juno. I will post further findings and analysis at [2].

Could you try to use Eclipse Scout 3.7 and update to version 3.8 as described in [3]? Does the same problem happen again?

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno
[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=387625
[3] http://www.eclipse.org/scout/downloads/
Re: Switch between outlines [message #903352 is a reply to message #902952] Thu, 23 August 2012 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ken,

installed a Eclipse Scout Indigo IDE. Created a project with two outlines. Then updated only the Eclipse Scout parts to 3.8 but that does not work. I get all kind of eclipse errors.

If I update everything I get of course a complete Juno version.

I also noticed that in Scout Juno SWT client I do not get the Outline View Buttons in the toolbar.

regards Bertin

Re: Switch between outlines [message #903432 is a reply to message #903352] Thu, 23 August 2012 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Bertin Kiekebosch wrote on Thu, 23 August 2012 11:24
I also noticed that in Scout Juno SWT client I do not get the Outline View Buttons in the toolbar.

If we speak from the same thing (having Buttons in the Eclipse RCP Coolbar to switch between Outlines), from what I remember, this was never the case.

See the example developed here: [SWT GUI] switch between outlines attached to the desktop.

Because this has changed with Eclipse E4 it is highly possible that the method described there do not work any longer. (Eclipse Scout Juno release = Eclipse 4.2 + Scout 3.8 )
Re: Switch between outlines [message #903915 is a reply to message #903352] Mon, 27 August 2012 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch wrote on Thu, 23 August 2012 05:24

installed a Eclipse Scout Indigo IDE. Created a project with two outlines. Then updated only the Eclipse Scout parts to 3.8 but that does not work. I get all kind of eclipse errors.

Hi Bertin,

You should do the steps the other way round, i.e. install Scout 3.8 by using the Juno update site and then create a new Scout project.
Otherwise, your Scout project is created with a code base of Scout 3.7 which probably needs some modifications.
However, if you install Scout 3.8 first, the generated project is based on Scout 3.8 and you should be able to start it without any problems.

Cheers,

Ken

Re: Switch between outlines [message #904314 is a reply to message #903915] Tue, 28 August 2012 08:18 Go to previous message
Hi Ken,

Downloaded the latest Indigo Scout SR2 32 bit windows
Update with 3.8 Scout form Juno update site.
Created a project with two outlines.

Switching between the outlines now works fine.

Regards Bertin
Previous Topic:Multiple tabbed application
Next Topic:Script in AbstractBrowser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:48:00 GMT 2024