Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Server instance creation programmatically(Create one or more instance server (if not exist) in a startup Eclipse plugin)
Server instance creation programmatically [message #901096] Thu, 09 August 2012 18:50 Go to next message
Alix Lourme is currently offline Alix LourmeFriend
Hi,

I'm in charge of Eclipse distribution in my company. For rationalise repetitive items configuration, I link a preferences file at startup (-pluginCustomization runtime option) and provide a startup plugin (with some class 'implements IStartup').

One of this task is to configure runtime server and instances server.

Runtimes servers could be configured in preferences file with 'org.eclipse.wst.server.core/runtimes=...'.

But I have no great solution to create servers instances if not exist :
- I didn't found item in preferences file to do that
- Update "manually" (with a xml parser) the file '[workspace]/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/server.xml' is not secure ...

=> With a link on 'org.eclipse.wst.server.core' bundle/dependency in a Eclipse plugin, I could access to 'org.eclipse.wst.server.core.ServerCore' and have all information about runtimes/instances servers (configured or available) ... but I didn't found the code to use for create items Sad

Someone would have an idea of the API part to use ? (The code called when we click on "Finish" in the "Define a new Server" window Smile ).

Thanks in advance.
Re: Server instance creation programmatically [message #1203271 is a reply to message #901096] Fri, 22 November 2013 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jochen Schmich is currently offline Jochen SchmichFriend
Wow, you might have solved this problem by yourself in the meanwhile Smile. If not, you might try to start out with the following snippet:

IRuntimeType runtimeType = ServerCore.findRuntimeType("org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.runtime.70");
IServerType serverType = ServerCore.findServerType("org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.70");
try {
	NullProgressMonitor progressMonitor = new NullProgressMonitor();
	IRuntimeWorkingCopy runtime = runtimeType.createRuntime("my_tomcat_runtime", progressMonitor);
	runtime.setName("Tomcat Runtime");
	runtime.setLocation(...........);
	IServerWorkingCopy server = serverType.createServer("my_tomcat_server", null, runtime, progressMonitor);
	server.setName("Tomcat Server");
	server.saveAll(false, progressMonitor);
} catch (CoreException e) {
	e.printStackTrace();
}

Have fun!
Re: Server instance creation programmatically [message #1764065 is a reply to message #1203271] Wed, 24 May 2017 14:07 Go to previous message
Alix Lourme is currently offline Alix LourmeFriend
Many thanks ! very useful ! (though a "double time" myself meanwhile^^)
Previous Topic:Can't setup JSP debugging in Neon.3 with tomcat8
Next Topic:Link inside proposals?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:02:26 GMT 2024