Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to run multiple mains (in separate JVM's) in eclipse(Multi Main Process Execution)
How to run multiple mains (in separate JVM's) in eclipse [message #898645] Fri, 27 July 2012 03:25 Go to next message
Naeem Khalid is currently offline Naeem KhalidFriend
Hi,

I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I can't find any related posts. I have two objects (Java) that have mains. I want to run them in parallel. Is there a way to do that in eclipse rather than pushing that Run button twice? I saw some Launch Configuration options in some posts but my eclipse doesnt have that option in the Run configuration? I have the latest eclipse (at least I believe I do). I have version:

Version: 3.7.0
Build id: I20110613-1736

Just wanted to know how can I do that? Run multiple Jvm's from inside eclipse?
Re: How to run multiple mains (in separate JVM's) in eclipse [message #898666 is a reply to message #898645] Fri, 27 July 2012 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Naeem,

I think each launcher only launches a single process so I think you need
to run each of them separately, unless you write some utility process
that launches other processes.

On 27/07/2012 5:25 AM, Naeem Khalid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I can't find any
> related posts. I have two objects (Java) that have mains. I want to
> run them in parallel. Is there a way to do that in eclipse rather than
> pushing that Run button twice? I saw some Launch Configuration options
> in some posts but my eclipse doesnt have that option in the Run
> configuration? I have the latest eclipse (at least I believe I do). I
> have version:
>
> Version: 3.7.0
> Build id: I20110613-1736
>
> Just wanted to know how can I do that? Run multiple Jvm's from inside
> eclipse?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: How to run multiple mains (in separate JVM's) in eclipse [message #898800 is a reply to message #898666] Fri, 27 July 2012 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at this thing: Group Launch. I think this is what I need as it can launch multiple processes with single (click play) button.

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Freference%2Fcdt_u_run_dbg_launch_group.htm

But I can't find anything in my eclipse in Run Configurations menu. So what version is this? And why don't I have something similar in my eclipse?

And is there a way to request this functionality in Eclipse? I mean I am pretty sure I am not the first one asking this. Guys developing client/server apps _should_ run itno this consistently.
Thanks.
Re: How to run multiple mains (in separate JVM's) in eclipse [message #899145 is a reply to message #898800] Mon, 30 July 2012 16:32 Go to previous message
I figured it out. I was missing CDT plugin. Once I added that plugin, I was able to use "Group Launch" functionality to launch multiple processes with single click.
Previous Topic:Help!!!
Next Topic:Eclipse check for update errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:34:03 GMT 2024