Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » E4 how to layout parts in a perspective
E4 how to layout parts in a perspective [message #896560] Wed, 18 July 2012 21:04 Go to next message
Markus Oley is currently offline Markus Oley
Messages: 253
Registered: July 2009
Location: Germany
Senior Member
Hello to anyone,

I want to layout my perspective not like ist is done by default, but want to give one part 25% of screen width and the other 75%.

Can you please give me a hint were to implement this?
I don't have a implementation class representing the perspective.
Do I need one or is it managed in another way?

Thank you for your help

best regards
Re: E4 how to layout parts in a perspective [message #896610 is a reply to message #896560] Thu, 19 July 2012 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5422
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
You have to set those value in the containerData-Field of the children
of your SashContainer

Tom

Am 18.07.12 23:04, schrieb Markus Oley:
> Hello to anyone,
> I want to layout my perspective not like ist is done by default, but
> want to give one part 25% of screen width and the other 75%.
> Can you please give me a hint were to implement this? I don't have a
> implementation class representing the perspective. Do I need one or is
> it managed in another way?
> Thank you for your help
>
> best regards
Re: E4 how to layout parts in a perspective [message #896792 is a reply to message #896610] Thu, 19 July 2012 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Oley is currently offline Markus Oley
Messages: 253
Registered: July 2009
Location: Germany
Senior Member
Hi Thomas,

thank you for your answer,
adding a simple number at the container data without % did it for me.

Perhaps any of you E4-developers could add this to any of the e4 tutorials.

Can I configure other things than size in this field?
Perhaps it should be renamed or added some onlinehelp.

Positive feedback in the end:-)
Otherwise eclipse 4 stack is really really cool and simple.


Best regards
Markus
Re: E4 how to layout parts in a perspective [message #896808 is a reply to message #896792] Thu, 19 July 2012 21:39 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5422
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The wiki is open to anyone. At the moment you can only set the ratio but
I hope in future one can also specify minwidths, ... and what the value
in there really means depends on the container. We allow you add your
own concepts and there containerData could have a completey different means.

Tom

Am 19.07.12 21:52, schrieb Markus Oley:
> Hi Thomas,
> thank you for your answer, adding a simple number at the container data
> without % did it for me.
> Perhaps any of you E4-developers could add this to any of the e4 tutorials.
> Can I configure other things than size in this field? Perhaps it should
> be renamed or added some onlinehelp.
>
> Positive feedback in the end:-)
> Otherwise eclipse 4 stack is really really cool and simple.
>
> Best regards Markus
>
Previous Topic:E4 contexts and injection decouple.
Next Topic:Re: Save reference of input of a Part
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Oct 24 23:07:05 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02084 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software