Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] problems with static UML profile
[Acceleo] problems with static UML profile [message #894966] Wed, 11 July 2012 09:26 Go to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
I have some problems with Acceleo (3.3.0.v201212-05-29) and a static UML profile. I'm using Eclipse Juni (3.Cool. Note that the profile is not used by the Acceleo code, but the plug-in depends on it (additional Java code that is not related to Acceleo functions requires it). I get the first three errors using a minimal workspace with only two plug-ins, the Acceleo plugin and the profile - both using J2SE-1.5

(1) During a rebuild, I get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The feature 'clAny_Class' is not a valid feature
This "one character off" behavior has already been described here by Saadia: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/875284/

(2) When I close the project containing the static profile and rebuild, I get a project not open exception:
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/org.eclipse.papyrus.fcm.profile' is not open.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.checkAccessible(Project.java:150)
at org.eclipse.acceleo.internal.ide.ui.builders.AcceleoBuilder.members(AcceleoBuilder.java:787)
at org.eclipse.acceleo.internal.ide.ui.builders.AcceleoBuilder.build(AcceleoBuilder.java:121)
Of course, it is ok not compile mtl files, if plug-in dependencies are missing, but it would be better to produce a problem marker instead of an exception in the error-log.

(3) I get a null pointer exception when I remove the project with the static profile.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.acceleo.internal.ide.ui.builders.AcceleoBuilder.computeProjectDependencies(AcceleoBuilder.java:337)
at org.eclipse.acceleo.internal.ide.ui.builders.AcceleoBuilder.build(AcceleoBuilder.java:113)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:728)

(4) A further null pointer exception, if I use a more complete workspace (two more static profiles)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AcceleoService.doGenerate(AcceleoService.java:731)
at org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AcceleoService.doGenerate(AcceleoService.java:432)
at org.eclipse.acceleo.internal.ide.ui.generators.AcceleoUIGenerator.generate(AcceleoUIGenerator.java:479)

I do not get any errors for (1)-(3), if I remove the dependency towards the profile.

Is there already a solution to these problems (upgrade to a development version?)
Re: [Acceleo] problems with static UML profile [message #895380 is a reply to message #894966] Thu, 12 July 2012 15:51 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
I installed version 4.2 on Juno (I was using the intermediate 3.8 build before) with the same result. More interesting: the problem of the missing first character vanishes, if I remove a file called ecore.ecore (the ecore MM) that is generated during the conversion of a UML file to an ecore file. Apparently, this file is not compatible with the built-in ecore MM and taken instead for future invocations.
I can provide my ecore.ecore file, if you're interested.

PS: see also http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/197654/630274/#msg_630274
Previous Topic:Retrieve target folder during generation
Next Topic:xpand and aspects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:13:31 GMT 2024