Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » How to change default in translation wizard
How to change default in translation wizard [message #894490] Mon, 09 July 2012 12:27 Go to next message
A. Del. is currently offline A. Del.Friend
Dear all

When I create a new label the translation wizard shows me english as default value as you can see in the print screen.
Where can I change this setting? I need german as default.

Any hints?
Re: How to change default in translation wizard [message #894529 is a reply to message #894490] Mon, 09 July 2012 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I am not sure this can be configured...

From what I have seen, the SDK uses the operating system configuration (or some JVM configuration).

Last time I came across this issue, I change some config at "control panel->regional and language options". (But I do not remember how)

More information on Locale and Windows:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2469435/how-to-detect-operating-system-language-locale-from-java-code

Re: How to change default in translation wizard [message #894843 is a reply to message #894529] Tue, 10 July 2012 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Scout uses the java.util.ResourceBundle mechanism for native language support. So whatever language files you have in your '<project-prefix>.shared/resources/texts/*.properties' are taken as translation base.

Example setup:
  <project-prefix>.shared
    -resources/texts
      -Texts.properties
      -Texts_fr.properties

If your application starts with the -vmargs -Duser.language=fr or eclipse.exe -nl=fr the translations in Texts_fr.properties are considered. In case of any other user language the translations in Texts.properties are considered.

In your case delete the Texts_de.properties file and use Texts.properties for German translations. Aware to face all users with an unknown user language with German texts;).
The only confusing thing is the label default (English) label in the text dialog.

For the confusing part I opend Bug 384759.

-andreas
Re: How to change default in translation wizard [message #894937 is a reply to message #894843] Wed, 11 July 2012 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Andreas Hoegger wrote on Tue, 10 July 2012 19:51
So whatever language files you have in your '<project-prefix>.shared/resources/texts/*.properties' are taken as translation base.

The directory where the translation files are located is defined by the Text Provider Service. In the default application template (created by the SDK) the DefaultTextProviderService uses the location you have given:
  @Override
  protected String getDynamicNlsBaseName() {
    return "resources.texts.Texts";
  }

That said, the SDK make also some assumptions on which tabs should be prefilled given the text typed in the Object Properties View.

Here is how it looks like on my computer (German operating system):
index.php/fa/10658/0/
(same in the default tab)

If I now use some other operating system (French configuration) the default values in the "New Entry" window will not be the same.
  • Attachment: new_entry.png
    (Size: 20.61KB, Downloaded 1202 times)
Re: How to change default in translation wizard [message #894999 is a reply to message #894937] Wed, 11 July 2012 11:26 Go to previous message
A. Del. is currently offline A. Del.Friend
Thanks for your help!
Previous Topic:Wizards howto?
Next Topic:Ampersand does not underline a letter of the Menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:15:27 GMT 2024