Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EDAPT] Migration validation issue
[EDAPT] Migration validation issue [message #892746] Fri, 29 June 2012 13:19 Go to next message
Romain Bioteau is currently offline Romain Bioteau
Messages: 62
Registered: August 2009
Location: Grenoble
Member
Hi,
I'm trying to follow the tutorial using Library example.

I successfully create my migrator with the library.history file. The problem appears at the end of the migration, during the check of the conformance. I get the following validation error :
The 'validContainment' constraint is violated on 'Instance of type "Writer"'

I had a look to this validation rule and it appears that there might be a problem with the instance.getReferences not return all the references.

Here myLibrary in version 1.0.0
http://uploadpad.com/files/libraryExample.png

Tolkien Writer instance is referenced in 2 books (no containment references) and in library (containment reference). However in the validContainment rule, the call to instance.getReferences() only returns the two books references and as Writer is not the root instance, it fails.

I don't think the changes made in the migration are involved in this, I just changed the Book feature name "title" to "bookTitle".

If a someone have encounter the same issue and solve it, I'll be happy to know how ! If it's bug I'll be glad to fill a bugzilla.

Thanks

Romain.


R&D Engineer at BonitaSoft
Re: [EDAPT] Migration validation issue [message #892886 is a reply to message #892746] Sun, 01 July 2012 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Herrmannsdoerfer is currently offline Markus Herrmannsdoerfer
Messages: 50
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Romain,

can you please upload or send me the files. Then I can take a look at
your problem.
Cheers,

Markus

Am 29.06.2012 15:19, schrieb Romain Bioteau:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to follow the tutorial using Library example.
>
> I successfully create my migrator with the library.history file. The
> problem appears at the end of the migration, during the check of the
> conformance. I get the following validation error :
> The 'validContainment' constraint is violated on 'Instance of type
> "Writer"'
>
> I had a look to this validation rule and it appears that there might be
> a problem with the instance.getReferences not return all the references.
>
> Here myLibrary in version 1.0.0
>
> Tolkien Writer instance is referenced in 2 books (no containment
> references) and in library (containment reference). However in the
> validContainment rule, the call to instance.getReferences() only returns
> the two books references and as Writer is not the root instance, it fails.
>
> I don't think the changes made in the migration are involved in this, I
> just changed the Book feature name "title" to "bookTitle".
> If a someone have encounter the same issue and solve it, I'll be happy
> to know how ! If it's bug I'll be glad to fill a bugzilla.
>
> Thanks
>
> Romain.
Re: [EDAPT] Migration validation issue [message #893003 is a reply to message #892746] Mon, 02 July 2012 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Romain Bioteau is currently offline Romain Bioteau
Messages: 62
Registered: August 2009
Location: Grenoble
Member
Hello Markus,

I attached, two files :
My.extlibrary is the EXTLibrary instance I want to migrate which is conform to the default EXTLibrary example ecore in Eclipse.

The zip file contains the new target model with .history file and new generated projects. The only I've made in the new ecore is changing the feature Book::title to Book:bookTitle.

Thanks to have look to this.

Romain


R&D Engineer at BonitaSoft
Re: [EDAPT] Migration validation issue [message #893124 is a reply to message #893003] Mon, 02 July 2012 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Herrmannsdoerfer is currently offline Markus Herrmannsdoerfer
Messages: 50
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Romain,

I just took a look at your upload. The reference Library.writers is
derived and thereby is not converted to the migration structure. As a
consequence, the containment constraint naturally fails after migration.
You made the reference derived, since you are using feature maps.
Unfortunately, at the moment, feature maps are not supported by Edapt.

However, if you really need support for feature maps, I may be able to
implement it. For your example, this does not seem to be too difficult.
However, I have not yet looked at all the possibilities that feature
maps offer. If you need feature maps, please create a CR and assign it
to my email address.

Cheers,

Markus

Am 02.07.2012 11:05, schrieb Romain Bioteau:
> Hello Markus,
>
> I attached, two files :
> My.extlibrary is the EXTLibrary instance I want to migrate which is conform to the default EXTLibrary example ecore in Eclipse.
>
> The zip file contains the new target model with .history file and new generated projects. The only I've made in the new ecore is changing the feature Book::title to Book:bookTitle.
>
> Thanks to have look to this.
>
> Romain
>
Re: [EDAPT] Migration validation issue [message #893198 is a reply to message #893124] Tue, 03 July 2012 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Romain Bioteau is currently offline Romain Bioteau
Messages: 62
Registered: August 2009
Location: Grenoble
Member
Hello Markus,
thank you very much.
Indeed I doesn't need feature maps or derived references (for now at least). I just took the EXTLibrary example randomly to try Edapt.
In my real use case we doesn't use those, so it should be OK I guess.

Thanks again for the time spent on this.

Romain


R&D Engineer at BonitaSoft
[EDAPT] Restore model to previous versions [message #973265 is a reply to message #893124] Tue, 06 November 2012 07:33 Go to previous message
lucky informatik is currently offline lucky informatik
Messages: 12
Registered: April 2012
Junior Member
Hi,

I have a problem when I'm undoing the changes for metamodels in Edapt.
Initially I made changes and models are migrated successfully. But when I undo the metamodel changes to the previous release, I'm unable to restore the models(undo the models back) to the previous version. Is it right that we undo changes to the metamodel, release and then migrate models? When I did this way it is displaying "no migrator registered for model with that namespace".

Please anyone let me know if there is a possibility of restoring the model to the previous model so that it conforms to the previous version.

Thanks a lot,

Lucky
Previous Topic:[Teneo] HbHelper.INSTANCE.deRegisterDataStore
Next Topic:[Texo] My template overrides are not being used
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 16 03:11:07 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01805 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software