Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Persistence.xml question(XML file contet problem)
Persistence.xml question [message #892287] Wed, 27 June 2012 15:31 Go to next message
Neil Cohen is currently offline Neil CohenFriend
I have just tried using EclipseLink in my environment. My development environment is Eclipse with the Vaadin development kit.

I have created a number of programs that run just fine - talk to my MySQL database both as standalone java applications and as web-based apps running under Tomcat.

The problem is that our production environment blocks outgoing requests on port 80.
And my persistence.xml file starts off like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence version="2.0"
    xmlns="h ttp://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence" xmlns:xsi="h ttp://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xsi:schemaLocation="h ttp://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence h ttp://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_2_0.xsd">
    <persistence-unit name="My_Persistence_Unit"
        transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
        <provider>org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider</provider>
        <class>com.verisign.myClass</class>
etc. etc.

When my program runs - it will hang for about 90 minutes before the verification
request times out (for h t t p: / /java.sun.com/xml....)

When I was using the Hibernate libraries previously, I was able to remove those
external requests - the persistence line looked like <persistence version="2.0">
and while Eclipse would complain about the content being wrong for the xml file,
it would compile (every other time, actually) and it would run. When I tried that with EclipseLink, the program fails as soon as I try to access the database. It produces an error that it can not find my PersistenceUnit. As soon as I put the java.sun.com lines back into persistence.xml, it works again...

Can someone tell me what the 'correct' solution for this problem would be? Is there some way I can tell the system to either not validate the schema, or to put some validation files locally and replace the external URLs?

I am an experienced Java programmer, but not so much on the database/persistence stuff. This is somewhat new to me, and I know almost nothing about EclipseLink yet.
Any information would be much appreciated, since I have to get these programs migrated as soon as possible to our new environment.

thanks in advance,

nbc

Re: Persistence.xml question [message #893523 is a reply to message #892287] Wed, 04 July 2012 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

Odd, I'm not sure why your XML parser would try to access the urls.

Try just giving the namespace and not the schema, this seems to work.

<persistence version="2.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence">

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: Persistence.xml question [message #894010 is a reply to message #893523] Fri, 06 July 2012 11:46 Go to previous message
Neil Cohen is currently offline Neil CohenFriend
I found that 2 things did work.

1) Put a completely bogus URL in - the DNS lookup appears to fail and the system just continues on without checking

2) Copy the file from java.sun.com and store it locally. Change the URL to be file:///localhost/.... and the system appears to run correctly as well.

I did leave the namespace in place - that doesn't seem to have any effect or cause any problem...

nbc
Previous Topic:Problems with @Id in mapped superclasses
Next Topic:JPA error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:37:51 GMT 2024