|IProgressService vs Jobs API [message #890002]
||Wed, 20 June 2012 10:24
| Jan Krakora
Registered: December 2009
could someone explain me what is the best way to run long running tasks?
There are few options:
- the IProgressService with its:
- busyCursorWhile(IRunnableWithProgress runnable)
- run(boolean fork, boolean cancelable, IRunnableWithProgress runnable)
- showInDialog(Shell shell, Job job)
- the IWorkbenchWindow.run(boolean fork, boolean cancelable, IRunnableWithProgress runnable)
- the Jobs API with its own progress UI
I'm little confused what to select.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02434 seconds