Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can't find run configuration (eclipse .launch file)(Please help me to share run configurations in Android projects)
icon5.gif  Can't find run configuration (eclipse .launch file) [message #885621] Wed, 13 June 2012 10:36
glen arthur is currently offline glen arthurFriend
Hi all,

I have source repository that I used with my old workstation. Today, I have loaded the source onto a new workstation and Eclipse won't run my projects.

Error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path for project must have only one segment.

1. On the old workstation, under Run, there are 4x distinct projects. These projects were created using Eclipse.

2. On the new workstation, under Run, there is one "new configuration" project. The source code for the 4x projects was imported, but not the Eclipse Run Configuration.

Problem: Google shows me that "Eclipse Configuration File" (*.launch) is missing, and a "Help - Eclipse Platform" web page. I am not allowed to post a link until I have 25 posts.

Confusion: My projects are Android applications. When I select Run > Run (Step #2 in the page not-linked above), the expected configuration dialog does not popup. Eclipse instead launches the Android plugin with no opportunity to progress to Step #3 (in the page not-linked above).

Question: How do I export the .launch configuration so that it can be shared with the new workstation via the source repository?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2012 10:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP
Next Topic:Newly installed Eclipse does not recognize Java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:58:31 GMT 2024