Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Irreproducible output when manually creating test results reports
Irreproducible output when manually creating test results reports [message #108331] Fri, 10 August 2007 13:09 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Messages: 448
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi.

I an having problems with the creation of test results directly from the
workbench. I select two test suites and click on the "Reports" context
menu item (from the Test perspective) and then select the HTML tabular
report.

The first time I do this I get a beautiful HTML page with the results as
expected (in terms of percentage of successes and failures) and with
hyperlinks to the detailed results for each one of the two suites. When
I run the report a second time, the HTML page does not contain any
hyperlink and the stats only show 0% for everything. I have tried
recreating my starting data by re-running the tests, quitting and then
restarting Eclipse, but to no avail. I do not seem to be able to obtain
the original correct report.

Any help anyone?

TIA,
B.
Re: Irreproducible output when manually creating test results reports [message #108377 is a reply to message #108331] Fri, 10 August 2007 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Messages: 448
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On further investigation, it appears as though the problem occurs when I
leave the start and stop date on the same day (even if there is a time
interval of 14 hours between start and stop time).

Is this a feature or a bug?

Why can I leave the start and stop date to be the same the first time
around?

Thanks again,
B.

Barbara Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I an having problems with the creation of test results directly from the
> workbench. I select two test suites and click on the "Reports" context
> menu item (from the Test perspective) and then select the HTML tabular
> report.
>
> The first time I do this I get a beautiful HTML page with the results as
> expected (in terms of percentage of successes and failures) and with
> hyperlinks to the detailed results for each one of the two suites. When
> I run the report a second time, the HTML page does not contain any
> hyperlink and the stats only show 0% for everything. I have tried
> recreating my starting data by re-running the tests, quitting and then
> restarting Eclipse, but to no avail. I do not seem to be able to obtain
> the original correct report.
>
> Any help anyone?
>
> TIA,
> B.
Re: Irreproducible output when manually creating test results reports [message #108390 is a reply to message #108377] Fri, 10 August 2007 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Toomey is currently offline Joe ToomeyFriend
Messages: 79
Registered: July 2009
Member
Looks like a bug. Can you please submit a bugzilla for this?

Thanks for your help,
--Joe

Barbara Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
> On further investigation, it appears as though the problem occurs when I
> leave the start and stop date on the same day (even if there is a time
> interval of 14 hours between start and stop time).
>
> Is this a feature or a bug?
>
> Why can I leave the start and stop date to be the same the first time
> around?
>
> Thanks again,
> B.
>
> Barbara Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I an having problems with the creation of test results directly from
>> the workbench. I select two test suites and click on the "Reports"
>> context menu item (from the Test perspective) and then select the HTML
>> tabular report.
>>
>> The first time I do this I get a beautiful HTML page with the results
>> as expected (in terms of percentage of successes and failures) and
>> with hyperlinks to the detailed results for each one of the two
>> suites. When I run the report a second time, the HTML page does not
>> contain any hyperlink and the stats only show 0% for everything. I
>> have tried recreating my starting data by re-running the tests,
>> quitting and then restarting Eclipse, but to no avail. I do not seem
>> to be able to obtain the original correct report.
>>
>> Any help anyone?
>>
>> TIA,
>> B.
Re: Irreproducible output when manually creating test results reports [message #108733 is a reply to message #108377] Mon, 13 August 2007 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul SlauenwhiteFriend
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Barbara,
As Joe has mentioned, this appears to be a defect. Please open a
bugzilla against the TPTP Testing product and Test.UI.Reporting component.
We will attempt to have this fixed in 4.4.1.

Paul
"Barbara Rosi-Schwartz" <Barbara.Rosi-Schwartz@Etish.org> wrote in message
news:f9i04r$fip$1@build.eclipse.org...
> On further investigation, it appears as though the problem occurs when I
> leave the start and stop date on the same day (even if there is a time
> interval of 14 hours between start and stop time).
>
> Is this a feature or a bug?
>
> Why can I leave the start and stop date to be the same the first time
> around?
>
> Thanks again,
> B.
>
> Barbara Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I an having problems with the creation of test results directly from the
>> workbench. I select two test suites and click on the "Reports" context
>> menu item (from the Test perspective) and then select the HTML tabular
>> report.
>>
>> The first time I do this I get a beautiful HTML page with the results as
>> expected (in terms of percentage of successes and failures) and with
>> hyperlinks to the detailed results for each one of the two suites. When I
>> run the report a second time, the HTML page does not contain any
>> hyperlink and the stats only show 0% for everything. I have tried
>> recreating my starting data by re-running the tests, quitting and then
>> restarting Eclipse, but to no avail. I do not seem to be able to obtain
>> the original correct report.
>>
>> Any help anyone?
>>
>> TIA,
>> B.
Re: Irreproducible output when manually creating test results reports [message #108812 is a reply to message #108733] Mon, 13 August 2007 14:36 Go to previous message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Messages: 448
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Paul.

Created issue 199755. Thanks.

B.

Paul Slauenwhite wrote:
> Hi Barbara,
> As Joe has mentioned, this appears to be a defect. Please open a
> bugzilla against the TPTP Testing product and Test.UI.Reporting component.
> We will attempt to have this fixed in 4.4.1.
>
> Paul
Previous Topic:[AGR] What are the portability issues between Windows and Linux?
Next Topic:[AGR] Unsuccessful recording on Linux
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 28 01:44:57 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02623 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software