I am just starting to try and debug a yii framework application running Eclipse on a linux machine.
A few minutes ago, everytime I started a debugging session it work load up the first file of the application (index.php) and I could single step through it. I was serving it at http://yii.home via an apache virtual host. The last line of that file is a call to the yii framework, which is sitting outside of the web space, and as soon as I tried to single step into that call, I would get a message from Eclipse saying the script had terminated.
The web browser was now saying that it was unable to find url http://www.yii.home. This is unsurprising since that url doesn't exist.
Where is Eclipse/Xdebug getting this non existant url from?
However as soon as I started to write this post things have changed. Now when I start the debug run, the whole set of files run to completion without breaking at all (despite the setting for the debugger to break on the first line). I've tried shutting down Eclipse and restarting Apache to get things to start working again, but now they don't and I am getting the symptoms I have seen other people have when they can't get debugging to work.
I fixed the problem, and found what looks like a hard bug.
I blew my old configuration away, removing all traces of the various hidden files etc that Eclipse had left around my project. I also blew away my Eclipse installation and installed a fresh copy of 3.7 (base platform). Installed the PDT SDK from within that platform.
Created a new project in a different workspace and told it to just import the existing files.
I then carefully set up a debugging environment (correcting it when it incorrectly autobuilt the url), and making sure I correctly mapped workspace paths to the urls
I then started a debug session and it worked. Except for 1 (Possibly two - although the second may have been the same as the first) problem(s):-
Selecting the "Variables" tab caused a Session terminated Error
Single Stepping into the Yii framework failed and I had to set a breakpoint inside it (it may have been problem 1, in that I was single stepping in with the "Variables" tab selected)