Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Can't run JUnit test with TPTP
Can't run JUnit test with TPTP [message #107111] Thu, 02 August 2007 00:24 Go to next message
Etienne Lacombe is currently offline Etienne Lacombe
Messages: 83
Registered: July 2009
Member
I have JUnit tests which extends my own base class which extends TestCase.
I imported them in TPTP and that created a .testsuite file. However, I
can't run any of these, it "deploys" but never finishes. CPU goes 100% and
stay there.

Any idea why this occurs? Anything I need to setup?
Re: Can't run JUnit test with TPTP [message #107236 is a reply to message #107111] Thu, 02 August 2007 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Etienne,
What version of TPTP are you using? Can you run a 'regular' JUnit (e.g.
does not extend your own base class)? Attach your test suite and I will
debug further.

Paul
"Etienne Lacombe" <etiennel@scientology.net> wrote in message
news:89a2a534104311b06a654163a4a3f807$1@www.eclipse.org...
>I have JUnit tests which extends my own base class which extends TestCase.
>I imported them in TPTP and that created a .testsuite file. However, I
>can't run any of these, it "deploys" but never finishes. CPU goes 100% and
>stay there.
>
> Any idea why this occurs? Anything I need to setup?
>
Re: Can't run JUnit test with TPTP [message #107546 is a reply to message #107236] Fri, 03 August 2007 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Etienne Lacombe is currently offline Etienne Lacombe
Messages: 83
Registered: July 2009
Member
Thanks for helping me Paul.

I can't run plain JUnit test class either. I created a new JUnit test
case, created a test method that just has an assertion in it that will
fail (true == false).

I import into TPTP from the Test perspective/Test Navigator view.

I right-click and run Test.

the progress view shows Launching TestTptp, launching : launching
delegate....
Then it has a child Executing Tests, Preparing and deploying.

In the status bar, it says Launching TestTptp (31%) and stay there.

Eclipse uses 95% CPU.

I don't know how I can attach the Testsuite file through the Web
newsreader...

TPTP version is (TPTP Test Tools Junit) 4.4.0.v200706140100-7A7A...
TPTP Core 4.4.0.v200707090100

Don't know why they are different or if it matters - I got them all from
the Europa download... (at least I thought so).

Etienne


Paul Slauenwhite wrote:

> Hi Etienne,
> What version of TPTP are you using? Can you run a 'regular' JUnit (e.g.
> does not extend your own base class)? Attach your test suite and I will
> debug further.

> Paul
> "Etienne Lacombe" <etiennel@scientology.net> wrote in message
> news:89a2a534104311b06a654163a4a3f807$1@www.eclipse.org...
>>I have JUnit tests which extends my own base class which extends TestCase.
>>I imported them in TPTP and that created a .testsuite file. However, I
>>can't run any of these, it "deploys" but never finishes. CPU goes 100% and
>>stay there.
>>
>> Any idea why this occurs? Anything I need to setup?
>>
Re: Can't run JUnit test with TPTP [message #107658 is a reply to message #107236] Tue, 07 August 2007 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Etienne,
Let me see if I can replicate your environment. What JRE
version/vendor? What OS? Are you using the IAC or Agent Controller?

Paul
"Paul Slauenwhite" <paules@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:f8samm$sq5$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi Etienne,
> What version of TPTP are you using? Can you run a 'regular' JUnit
> (e.g. does not extend your own base class)? Attach your test suite and I
> will debug further.
>
> Paul
> "Etienne Lacombe" <etiennel@scientology.net> wrote in message
> news:89a2a534104311b06a654163a4a3f807$1@www.eclipse.org...
>>I have JUnit tests which extends my own base class which extends TestCase.
>>I imported them in TPTP and that created a .testsuite file. However, I
>>can't run any of these, it "deploys" but never finishes. CPU goes 100% and
>>stay there.
>>
>> Any idea why this occurs? Anything I need to setup?
>>
>
>
Re: Can't run JUnit test with TPTP [message #107751 is a reply to message #107658] Tue, 07 August 2007 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Etienne Lacombe is currently offline Etienne Lacombe
Messages: 83
Registered: July 2009
Member
Using Sun JVM 1.6
on Win XP Pro

I guess I'm using IAC, I don't do anything special, just run the
test. So I guess it is using the integrated one (that's what IAC is
rigth?).

So even just to run a test without profiling it uses the agent
controller?

Thanks for your help.

Etienne

Paul Slauenwhite wrote:

> Hi Etienne,
> Let me see if I can replicate your environment. What JRE
> version/vendor? What OS? Are you using the IAC or Agent Controller?

> Paul
> "Paul Slauenwhite" <paules@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
> news:f8samm$sq5$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hi Etienne,
>> What version of TPTP are you using? Can you run a 'regular' JUnit
>> (e.g. does not extend your own base class)? Attach your test suite and I
>> will debug further.
>>
>> Paul
>> "Etienne Lacombe" <etiennel@scientology.net> wrote in message
>> news:89a2a534104311b06a654163a4a3f807$1@www.eclipse.org...
>>>I have JUnit tests which extends my own base class which extends TestCase.
>>>I imported them in TPTP and that created a .testsuite file. However, I
>>>can't run any of these, it "deploys" but never finishes. CPU goes 100% and
>>>stay there.
>>>
>>> Any idea why this occurs? Anything I need to setup?
>>>
>>
>>
Re: Can't run JUnit test with TPTP [message #107777 is a reply to message #107751] Tue, 07 August 2007 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Etienne Lacombe is currently offline Etienne Lacombe
Messages: 83
Registered: July 2009
Member
Paul, if you could explain me what it does / try to do when I run the
test, then maybe I can track down what the problem is. As I said earlier,
it jam always at the same % in the progress indicator...

Etienne
Re: Can't run JUnit test with TPTP [message #107806 is a reply to message #107751] Wed, 08 August 2007 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Etienne,
The Integrated Agent Controller (IAC) is an embedded Agent Controller in
Eclipse. The user does not need to install, configure, start, and stop the
IAC. Profiling, log importing, monitoring, and test execution all use the
IAC/Agent Controller.

I believe your problem is with using Java 1.6 since TPTP 4.4 only
supports Java 1.4.x and 1.5.x (see
http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/home/project_info/releaseinfo/4. 4/support.html).
Can you try Java 1.5? If this is in fact the problem, we will still need to
open a defect to ensure this use case is supported in TPTP 4.5.

Paul
"Etienne Lacombe" <etiennel@scientology.net> wrote in message
news:926a53239f45ac911df1b917554c49cb$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Using Sun JVM 1.6
> on Win XP Pro
>
> I guess I'm using IAC, I don't do anything special, just run the
> test. So I guess it is using the integrated one (that's what IAC is
> rigth?).
>
> So even just to run a test without profiling it uses the agent
> controller?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Etienne
>
> Paul Slauenwhite wrote:
>
>> Hi Etienne,
>> Let me see if I can replicate your environment. What JRE
>> version/vendor? What OS? Are you using the IAC or Agent Controller?
>
>> Paul
>> "Paul Slauenwhite" <paules@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
>> news:f8samm$sq5$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>> Hi Etienne,
>>> What version of TPTP are you using? Can you run a 'regular' JUnit
>>> (e.g. does not extend your own base class)? Attach your test suite and
>>> I will debug further.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>> "Etienne Lacombe" <etiennel@scientology.net> wrote in message
>>> news:89a2a534104311b06a654163a4a3f807$1@www.eclipse.org...
>>>>I have JUnit tests which extends my own base class which extends
>>>>TestCase. I imported them in TPTP and that created a .testsuite file.
>>>>However, I can't run any of these, it "deploys" but never finishes. CPU
>>>>goes 100% and stay there.
>>>>
>>>> Any idea why this occurs? Anything I need to setup?
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
>
>
Re: Can't run JUnit test with TPTP [message #107838 is a reply to message #107777] Wed, 08 August 2007 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Etienne,
As noted in
http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/home/archives/hyades/execution_e nvironment/Launch_A_Test_On_A_Specified_Node.html,
the test harness is deploying the test assets (test suite, etc.) and their
dependencies to the System Under Test (SUT) - local in this case (see
http://help.eclipse.org/help32/topic/org.eclipse.hyades.test .doc.user/ref/rdeploymentGroundRules.htm).
The test runner (running in the Agent Controller on the SUT), executes the
test and sends the execution results back to the launching workbench. Given
the percentage of the hang, I would assume it is hanging at the deployment
stage.

As I mentioned in the previous post, using Java 1.5 should remedy the
problem since I can reproduce the problem with the IBM JRE 1.6.

Paul
"Etienne Lacombe" <etiennel@scientology.net> wrote in message
news:00140237d497a9725693bdf0988a56ea$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Paul, if you could explain me what it does / try to do when I run the
> test, then maybe I can track down what the problem is. As I said earlier,
> it jam always at the same % in the progress indicator...
>
> Etienne
>
Re: Can't run JUnit test with TPTP [message #107852 is a reply to message #107806] Wed, 08 August 2007 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Etienne,
I can reproduce the problem with the IBM JRE 1.6. I have opened defect
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=199237 to address this in TPTP
4.5.

Paul
"Paul Slauenwhite" <paules@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:f9c88r$ppe$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi Etienne,
> The Integrated Agent Controller (IAC) is an embedded Agent Controller
> in Eclipse. The user does not need to install, configure, start, and stop
> the IAC. Profiling, log importing, monitoring, and test execution all use
> the IAC/Agent Controller.
>
> I believe your problem is with using Java 1.6 since TPTP 4.4 only
> supports Java 1.4.x and 1.5.x (see
> http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/home/project_info/releaseinfo/4. 4/support.html).
> Can you try Java 1.5? If this is in fact the problem, we will still need
> to open a defect to ensure this use case is supported in TPTP 4.5.
>
> Paul
> "Etienne Lacombe" <etiennel@scientology.net> wrote in message
> news:926a53239f45ac911df1b917554c49cb$1@www.eclipse.org...
>> Using Sun JVM 1.6
>> on Win XP Pro
>>
>> I guess I'm using IAC, I don't do anything special, just run the
>> test. So I guess it is using the integrated one (that's what IAC is
>> rigth?).
>>
>> So even just to run a test without profiling it uses the agent
>> controller?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Etienne
>>
>> Paul Slauenwhite wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Etienne,
>>> Let me see if I can replicate your environment. What JRE
>>> version/vendor? What OS? Are you using the IAC or Agent Controller?
>>
>>> Paul
>>> "Paul Slauenwhite" <paules@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
>>> news:f8samm$sq5$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>>> Hi Etienne,
>>>> What version of TPTP are you using? Can you run a 'regular' JUnit
>>>> (e.g. does not extend your own base class)? Attach your test suite and
>>>> I will debug further.
>>>>
>>>> Paul
>>>> "Etienne Lacombe" <etiennel@scientology.net> wrote in message
>>>> news:89a2a534104311b06a654163a4a3f807$1@www.eclipse.org...
>>>>>I have JUnit tests which extends my own base class which extends
>>>>>TestCase. I imported them in TPTP and that created a .testsuite file.
>>>>>However, I can't run any of these, it "deploys" but never finishes. CPU
>>>>>goes 100% and stay there.
>>>>>
>>>>> Any idea why this occurs? Anything I need to setup?
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
Re: Can't run JUnit test with TPTP [message #107969 is a reply to message #107852] Wed, 08 August 2007 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Etienne Lacombe is currently offline Etienne Lacombe
Messages: 83
Registered: July 2009
Member
Thanks helping me on this. Unfortunately, I don't know how I can use Java
1.5 since the code is expected to be 1.6. --- unless you just mean running
Eclipse against 1.5 and that I can assign 1.6 to my project?
Re: Can't run JUnit test with TPTP [message #108129 is a reply to message #107969] Thu, 09 August 2007 06:43 Go to previous message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Etienne,
If you are using 1.6 API, unfortunately you cannot compile and run with
different Java versions. When the test is executed, the Eclipse JRE is used
by the IAC to execute the JUnit test class.

Although Java 1.6 is not yet supported, we will attempt to investigate
this defect in 4.4.1 since this is a core use case.

Paul
"Etienne Lacombe" <etiennel@scientology.net> wrote in message
news:7312b421e283163bcf68e10c22d2e1a5$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Thanks helping me on this. Unfortunately, I don't know how I can use Java
> 1.5 since the code is expected to be 1.6. --- unless you just mean running
> Eclipse against 1.5 and that I can assign 1.6 to my project?
>
Previous Topic:Creating a statistical agent
Next Topic:TPTP 4.4.0.1 is released!
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Apr 21 08:47:05 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01983 seconds