|Re: Build failure on stock "C++ Hello World" project [message #840866 is a reply to message #840591]
||Tue, 10 April 2012 15:46
| Robert Ashforth
Registered: April 2012
I'm guessing that the path discovery result was not accurate, as the initial build produced close to 600 errors stemming from inclusion of the iostream header, which couldn't locate a large number of system-defined symbols/classes.
I've rebuilt the index repeatedly, after adding various system directories to the include directories via the Project Properties dialog.
At this point, I'm going to create a new VM, and add as little as possible to it before doing a test build of CDT. This is because I ended up with both 4.4.4 and 4.4.6 versions of the c++ include directories, and the 4.4.6 is nothing more than a soft link to the 4.4.4 version... which makes me wonder about the relative paths that I find in the .sc file. (Relative paths including '..' don't play well with soft links.)
The reason I'm going to try this is that I added a number of packages that I prefer to work with, and one of those might have been the reason the soft link was added. If I get solid information from this experiment on what's wrong with the environment, I'll try fixing my existing VM as a proof that I've got the right root cause identification.
I'll update this thread once I have the results of that experiment. I am intending to join the contributor list for CDT anyway, so perhaps I'll be in the position of reporting a bug and resolving it myself.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.05848 seconds