Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Widget disposed when changing perspective
Widget disposed when changing perspective [message #836463] Wed, 04 April 2012 14:07
Rainer Ruppersberg is currently offline Rainer RuppersbergFriend
Hi,

I have a somewhat complex plugin that provides a perspective with several views and an editor (via extensionpoints).

Starting eclipse with my plugins from within eclipse-development-environment (STRG-F11) works fine.

Using the same code (deployed as an updatesite) on another PC with a customiced indigo installation works fine until I change the perspective.

Here is what I do: starting eclipse into my project-perspective.
Changing to "my" perspective -> everything is fine.
Changing back to development perspective.
Now changing back to "my" perspective I get (in Error-View) the Exception "Widget is disposed".

But - doing the same in my development-environment everything works fine. I can change perspective as often as I want.

Since (due to several reasons) I cannot exchange plugins between both installations easily I would like to ask here if anyone knows why "changing perspective" might lead in a disposed widget and how to disable this behavior.

(Works on win7 wit Indigo Build id: 20120216-1857 SR2, fails on XP with Indigo Build id: 20110916-0149 SR1)

Thank you (and I hope I've selected the correct forum)
Previous Topic:creating plugin folder in eclipse plugin directory
Next Topic:Apply/Revert button not getting enabled in launch configuration tab
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 02:17:53 GMT 2024