Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse workbench multiple save state(Eclipse workbench multiple save state)
Eclipse workbench multiple save state [message #830836] Wed, 28 March 2012 05:31 Go to next message
gaurav dubey is currently offline gaurav dubeyFriend
Hi All,

As we aware eclipse store the state of workbench on savestate(true),but it stores only last state of closing eclipse. In our case the requirement is whenever user close the eclipse the state of workbench shall be store with some label, for example if i close my eclipse 5 times with different state the state shall be stored as state1,state2...n so on. and in eclipse menu bar we need to display all available state of perspective so that user can switch to his favorite state by selecting the menu item.

My question is it possible to store multiple eclipse state, if yes please suggest me some hint on that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Gaurav
Re: Eclipse workbench multiple save state [message #855103 is a reply to message #830836] Tue, 24 April 2012 14:24 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You could save a custom perspective with a name on each window closing ... you would have to manage opening,closing, and deleting them.

See org.eclipse.ui.IPerspectiveRegistry.clonePerspective(String, String, IPerspectiveDescriptor) and org.eclipse.ui.IWorkbenchPage.savePerspectiveAs(IPerspectiveDescriptor)

PW

Previous Topic:eclipse Views that are dragged outside not display on perspective switching
Next Topic:What is R3_6_maintenance_Java7 branch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 04:16:47 GMT 2024