Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Fake Semantic Errors throughout code.
Fake Semantic Errors throughout code. [message #830451] Tue, 27 March 2012 16:48 Go to next message
Noah Silverman is currently offline Noah SilvermanFriend
Hello,

I'm new to eclipse, switching over from xcode.

I have a question about the "auto error marking" in Eclipse CDT. I may have something configured incorrectly.

If I include a header file (#include <iostream> for example) Eclipse fails to recognize any of the functions or classes in the editor.

I seem to be getting several kinds of errors (All of them wrong)
- Function XXX could not be resolved. (Where XXX is something from the STL library)
- Invalid arguments ' (Seems to be from functions in other classes of my code.)
- Invalid template arguments (Seems to be from included headers other than the STL)

So my code if marked with hundreds of problems (little bug symbols and red underlined text.) This makes it impossible to identify real errors amongst the hundreds of fake errors.

The code is actually fine, compiles fine, runs fine. Xcode, my old IDE, does not indicate any of these fake errors

How can I resolve this??
Re: Fake Semantic Errors throughout code. [message #833054 is a reply to message #830451] Fri, 30 March 2012 22:49 Go to previous message
Russell Flaum is currently offline Russell FlaumFriend
It sounds like the header files haven't been indexed; try rebuilding your index.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 March 2012 22:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Search results window always on top
Next Topic:Using CDT to extract method signatures from a file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 15:32:39 GMT 2024