|Re: Eclipse RCP product customization [message #824298 is a reply to message #823075]
||Mon, 19 March 2012 14:02
| Musical Developer
Registered: March 2012
Thanks for your prompt reply Brian.|
So, before posting here, I did try (what Brian has suggested). On application launch, I am able to retrieve the version number (using some textual parsing of aboutText property) using the getBrandingProperty() method defined in IApplicationContext.
My followup questions related to this are:
1. The version number that gets transferred to "aboutText" property in plugin.xml when I hit synchronize on the App.product "overview" gui, is that available as a separate property by default?
As of now, the only properties that are default available seem to be:
ABOUT_IMAGE, ABOUT_TEXT,APP_NAME and others but no version number...
2. So, I tried a workaround for this defining my own property (in the runtime.products extension) in plugin.xml called "VersionNumber"
This works fine since I am able to retrieve this in getBrandingProperty("VersionNumber") during application launch...but I am having to enter the version number manually in plugin.xml
But, I am wondering if I can specify (linkage) for "Version" in App.product and the corressponding "VersionNumber" property (that I have defined) in plugin.xml
3. Basically, I would like to change the version number in the App.product "overview" gui, then hit "synchronize", this should ideally transfer the
version number to both following positions in plugin.xml:
1. aboutText property (this is happening by default)
2. "VersionNumber" property (not happening)
Without this linkage, I would then need to change the version number in two locations
before exporting product...(would like to avoid that)
4. Also, as an aside, I noticed that the .eclipseproduct (after exporting the product) that is created contains the version of the launcher plugin. Is that by design, I would think it should contain the version number specified in App.product, no?
[Updated on: Mon, 19 March 2012 14:03]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01472 seconds