Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Can't configure and get Eclipse working as a PHP Editor(Unable to get Eclipse working on a MAC using built in servers)
Can't configure and get Eclipse working as a PHP Editor [message #821273] Thu, 15 March 2012 06:11 Go to next message
John McBade is currently offline John McBadeFriend
Obviously a newbie to Eclipse. I am using the Eclipse SDK
Version: 3.7.2
Build id: M20120208-0800 with the PDT addins installed.

Would really like to try this editor out, but I can't get it to work.

I'm using a MAC running Snow Leopard. Apache, PHP, and MySQL are all local install that use my /Users/john/Sites folder as the Web root folder. I've been trying to decipher the DOCs and look at various posts with great frustration.

I have not tried to configure any kind of debugger yet. Used xdebug mostly with other editors, but I wouldn't care at this point what debugger I used.

No success: I have tried to set up a run configuration with no success. I can't eve seem to run a simple phpinfo(); file. I can only render a page not found page.

What would really help here: None of the walk through seem to answer whatever is going wrong. Got links?

So far, seems really hard to sort out.

Is there any walk through for a simple first time user using just the local servers without MAMP etc??

Thank you in advance for some help.

-John

[Updated on: Thu, 15 March 2012 06:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't configure and get Eclipse working as a PHP Editor [message #821385 is a reply to message #821273] Thu, 15 March 2012 09:37 Go to previous message
John McBade is currently offline John McBadeFriend
Ok. I found SOME good and helpful answers at: "Fudge!" (Insert your fav explitive here): "You can not post links until you have posted 25 messages. And here I wanted to be helpful. Ok, google: "How to setup Eclipse with PHP PDT" and you will find it. The site is by Patrick J Waters

[I guess I have to get busy and post a bunch of items so I can interact more.]

Another item I had to do as there seems to be no way to use the default configuration without an error in Eclipse, was to modify the virtual hosts to make "localhost/~me" (As is it by default on a MAC) to use just "localhost" to point to that same location. Of course if anyone else uses my computer for DEV, they will have to be accommodated in the config file http.conf.

I had hoped Eclipse would be "more accommodating"

I hope this helps someone else.

-John
Previous Topic:Apache crashes while watching variable
Next Topic:internal vs. external browser when debugging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:13:30 GMT 2024