Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » using GEF rich text in Graphiti application
using GEF rich text in Graphiti application [message #819316] Mon, 12 March 2012 19:15 Go to next message
Josef Pohl is currently offline Josef PohlFriend
Hi there,
I have a Graphiti application in the works but would like to extend it with some functionality that has not yet been implemented at that level. In particular I would like to add a text feature to my application that supports some basic rich text (namely html style links to external documents). Essentially I currently have a text box embedded in other graphical features and would like to allow links in addition to the current text.

From what I can infer from exploring in the GEF documentation this is possible. What I cannot find is how to actually go about doing it or an example that implements this.
Does any one have any pointers on how I can use the GEF text implementation to replace the text features in Graphiti? Or at least an example or pointer on using the text utilities.

I have dug around in the documentation and the gef examples a bit (not exhaustively sadly). I have not been able to discern how the text example from the example repository necessarily fits into what I am doing just yet so if anyone has any thoughts on that they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Re: using GEF rich text in Graphiti application [message #899828 is a reply to message #819316] Thu, 02 August 2012 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karthikeyan Missing name is currently offline Karthikeyan Missing nameFriend
HI,

Myself need to bring graphiti's IContextButtonPadData in GEF to achieve Context Button in GEF. Is it possible? If so, how? Have you ever done this before. If so, kindly let us know.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthikeyan.B
Re: using GEF rich text in Graphiti application [message #899845 is a reply to message #899828] Thu, 02 August 2012 14:41 Go to previous message
Josef Pohl is currently offline Josef PohlFriend
Hi Karthikeyan,

Sadly I was never able to integrate GEF components into the features. This is not to say it cannot be done but just that it became a low priority and I have not yet explored it fully.

Good luck and let us know if you discover anything.
Thanks,
Joe
Previous Topic:Loop Connection
Next Topic:Selectable but non dragable editpart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:39:57 GMT 2024