Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » [AXDT] Setting up Xtext Project Builder for external projects
[AXDT] Setting up Xtext Project Builder for external projects [message #819194] Mon, 12 March 2012 16:00
Andy E is currently offline Andy EFriend
After lots of fiddling and lots of github message exchange, I've got AXDT up and running and the compiler works fine.
That's nice.

But I can't get Eclipse to work with third-party projects and my IDE.

My builder is NOT "com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.flexbuilder" (as pre-configured in the external project) but "org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.xtextBuilder". But now there is another problem closely related.

org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.xtextBuilder is presumedly contained inside org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared_2_2.1.v201112130541.jar, so it should be an INTERNAL builder. Within properties of my project, I can only configure EXTERNAL builders.
Setting the .jar directly as location did not work at all (cannot execute binary file).

Editing the .project file manually with these lines

worked perfectly, but only once. because at some point, Eclipse had overwritten the .project file and deleted everything between <buildCommand>...</buildCommand>, so I will have to set it up the correct way so that it remain permanent even after restarting Eclipse.

How can I do that?

[Updated on: Mon, 12 March 2012 16:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Multi-user install on Linux with shared configuration ignoring user plug-ins
Next Topic:How to define a task which concerns several and various sources, tasks and text (wiki)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Nov 29 21:26:40 GMT 2015