Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » WindowBuilder & JIDE integration?(Will WindowBuilder work with JIDE components?)
icon5.gif  WindowBuilder & JIDE integration? [message #811088] Thu, 01 March 2012 23:12 Go to next message
John Turnbull is currently offline John TurnbullFriend
We are looking for a GUI builder to use with our Swing project(s) that utilise components from JIDE and would like to know if anyone has managed to get WindowBuilder to work effectively with these components.

I have done some preliminary testing and have managed to add some JIDE controls to the palette but am getting several exceptions when I try to use them such as ClassCastExceptions which seem to relate to the look and feel and also internal NullPointerExceptions. This is not giving me much hope of getting these components to work but if someone else has succesfully integrated WindowBuilder and JIDE I am hoping they can offer some suggestions and/or tips.

Thanks,

-JT
Re: WindowBuilder & JIDE integration? [message #813250 is a reply to message #811088] Mon, 05 March 2012 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
I have used WindowBuilder with JIDE in the past and never had any problems. No idea why you might be having a problem (or whether it is a WB or JIDE issue). You should post relevant log entries.
Re: WindowBuilder & JIDE integration? [message #813264 is a reply to message #813250] Mon, 05 March 2012 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is one such exception. This occurs when I add a JideTabbedPane into a JPanel and save the file:

java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.swing.JPanel cannot be cast to javax.swing.JTabbedPane
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.JTabbedPaneInfo.refresh_afterCreate(JTabbedPaneInfo.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo.refresh_afterCreate(ObjectInfo.java:621)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.JavaInfo.refresh_afterCreate(JavaInfo.java:1264)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.AbstractComponentInfo.refresh_afterCreate(AbstractComponentInfo.java:238)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo.refresh_afterCreate(ObjectInfo.java:621)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.JavaInfo.refresh_afterCreate(JavaInfo.java:1264)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.AbstractComponentInfo.refresh_afterCreate(AbstractComponentInfo.java:238)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo.refreshCreate0(ObjectInfo.java:552)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo.access$0(ObjectInfo.java:546)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo$5$1.run(ObjectInfo.java:486)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runDesignTime(ExecutionUtils.java:139)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo$5.run(ObjectInfo.java:484)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.utils.SwingUtils$2.run(SwingUtils.java:76)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)

Any idea why this might be happening?
Re: WindowBuilder & JIDE integration? [message #813275 is a reply to message #813264] Mon, 05 March 2012 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Do you have any other exception examples?
Re: WindowBuilder & JIDE integration? [message #813283 is a reply to message #813275] Mon, 05 March 2012 03:57 Go to previous message
Yes, I have other exceptions but they are coming directly from JIDE itself and JIDE support are assisting me with those. The exception I posted above is the only one I get so far that is coming directly from WB.
Previous Topic:How can I get WindowBuilder sources?
Next Topic:Two WindowBuilder Pro Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:01:44 GMT 2024