Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » eclipse IDE can't understand posix-style paths
eclipse IDE can't understand posix-style paths [message #808016] Mon, 27 February 2012 09:48
Pooria Gh is currently offline Pooria Gh
I'm using eclipse Indigo for windows on windows 7 32-bit and a toolchain based on ARM cross compile toolchain which has the version of glibc-2.9 gcc-4.3.4. It'd be more suited to use posix-style paths for the toolchain I use as stated in cygwin site and stated by warnings of toolchain itself when building a project. Now if I add a posix-style path like "/cygwin/c/project/sdk" that is equivalent to "c:\project\sdk" windows-native-style path; to additional header search paths in "project settings->C/C++ build->Settings->Tool Settings->GCC C Compiler->Includes" section, it'll be automatically added to "project settings->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols->Includes" section, the section where eclipse IDE looks into to know where header files are located. Now the issue is toolchain will be ok for building the project but the IDE itself can't understand posix-style paths so it won't be able to locate headers in those paths. Is there anyway to make IDE recognize the posix-style paths?

[Updated on: Mon, 27 February 2012 09:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:"undefined reference to" error is driving me crazy
Next Topic:couldn' open kernel32.lib
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 26 03:43:09 GMT 2014