Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Jubula » can not run test with remote aut agent
can not run test with remote aut agent [message #807647] Sun, 26 February 2012 15:48 Go to next message
Michael Nesterenko is currently offline Michael Nesterenko
I have installed aut agent on the remote machine. Configured aut to point on that agent and started application remotely. No problem up to this point.

When I try to run any test jubula says me that it could not connect to aut.

Quote:
2012-02-26 22:47:00.261 [Worker-13] ERROR o.e.j.c.c.c.AUTConnection - Connection to AUT could not be established.
Re: can not run test with remote aut agent [message #807938 is a reply to message #807647] Mon, 27 February 2012 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra Schladebeck
Hi,

If you have successfully started your AUT on the remote agent, but the test execution fails, then two things come to mind:

1. Are you perhaps connected to the Agent via the ITE and are trying to connect to the same agent via the Test Executor? Only one connection to the Agent at a time is allowed.

2. Are there perhaps firewalls in place that could be blocking communication?

HTH,
Alex
Re: can not run test with remote aut agent [message #807963 is a reply to message #807938] Mon, 27 February 2012 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck wrote on Mon, 27 February 2012 09:49
Hi,

1. Are you perhaps connected to the Agent via the ITE and are trying to connect to the same agent via the Test Executor? Only one connection to the Agent at a time is allowed.

not sure exactly about what you saying, however I do the same actions when I connect to local aut agent (embedded aut agent) and tests run perfectly.

Alexandra Schladebeck wrote on Mon, 27 February 2012 09:49
Hi,
2. Are there perhaps firewalls in place that could be blocking communication?
HTH,
Alex

could you say what ports should be available, so I will check if connection can be established to that ports. However I am not aware of any firewall software blocking connections. I have several other applications connecting to the same host and I never had connectivity problems. Nevertheless I will check.
Re: can not run test with remote aut agent [message #807975 is a reply to message #807963] Mon, 27 February 2012 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have attached conversation log to to the remote host.
Re: can not run test with remote aut agent [message #1066449 is a reply to message #807647] Tue, 02 July 2013 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo Gonzalez is currently offline Ricardo Gonzalez
Hi everyone,

I'm starting with Jubula and what I need is to test an swing application that runs on a cash register, but I want to test it directly on the cash register and control it from my PC.

To run the test directly on the cash register, the AUT Agent has to be install on the cash register, right?

The cash register uses linux, Is there anyway to get just the AUT Agent installer for linux? Because the .sh available is quite large.

Thanks for your answers and help.
Re: can not run test with remote aut agent [message #1066562 is a reply to message #1066449] Wed, 03 July 2013 04:02 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra Schladebeck
Hi Ricardo,

My first guess is to say yes - the Agent must be installed there. I know that you can install the agent separately, but I understand that the .sh file itself is large. It should be possible to separately install the agent elsewhere and then copy everything over. Maybe that will help.

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:AUT persist in memory after testsuite ?
Next Topic:Input text from external file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 25 16:00:24 EDT 2014