Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Is seperate port required by each Agent?
Is seperate port required by each Agent? [message #94292] Wed, 28 March 2007 05:27 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: cvkmurthy.hotmail.com

Hi Experts,

As per TPTP documentation, the client requires only Agent Controller
host name and port number to access the Agents on the remote machine.
When the Agents are launched by the client through Agent Controller,
does the Agents occupy any ports on the host machine to communicate with
the clients? If yes, where can we configure these Agent ports?

Regards,
Krishna
Re: Is seperate port required by each Agent? [message #94331 is a reply to message #94292] Wed, 28 March 2007 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real name
Messages: 404
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
TPTP agents don't occupy any port. A client can access an agent via the
agent controller (AC) through the port that AC is running on.
There are 3 ports that the agent controller occupies:

1) The common port that AC runs on (10002 by default)
2) A port for the security channel (10003 by default if AC is running in
secure mode)
3) A port for file transfer (10005 by default)

These are all configurable via
<agent-controller-home>/config/serviceconfig.xml
You will need to restart AC if you modify the configuration file.

Thanks,
Ali Mehregani

"Krishna" <cvkmurthy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eucucj$m8q$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Hi Experts,
>
> As per TPTP documentation, the client requires only Agent Controller
> host name and port number to access the Agents on the remote machine. When
> the Agents are launched by the client through Agent Controller, does the
> Agents occupy any ports on the host machine to communicate with the
> clients? If yes, where can we configure these Agent ports?
>
> Regards,
> Krishna
Re: Is seperate port required by each Agent? [message #94435 is a reply to message #94331] Thu, 29 March 2007 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: cvkmurthy.hotmail.com

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your response. Can I assume that the Agent Controller will
not occupy 10003 port if we are not in secured mode and 10005 port if we
do not do file transfer? We are doing remote file import, and as I
understand the remote file import will not do a file transfer and hence
does not require 10005. For this use case will the Agent Controller
occupy only 10002?

Regards,
Krishna



Ali Mehregani wrote:
> TPTP agents don't occupy any port. A client can access an agent via the
> agent controller (AC) through the port that AC is running on.
> There are 3 ports that the agent controller occupies:
>
> 1) The common port that AC runs on (10002 by default)
> 2) A port for the security channel (10003 by default if AC is running in
> secure mode)
> 3) A port for file transfer (10005 by default)
>
> These are all configurable via
> <agent-controller-home>/config/serviceconfig.xml
> You will need to restart AC if you modify the configuration file.
>
> Thanks,
> Ali Mehregani
>
> "Krishna" <cvkmurthy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eucucj$m8q$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>> Hi Experts,
>>
>> As per TPTP documentation, the client requires only Agent Controller
>> host name and port number to access the Agents on the remote machine. When
>> the Agents are launched by the client through Agent Controller, does the
>> Agents occupy any ports on the host machine to communicate with the
>> clients? If yes, where can we configure these Agent ports?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Krishna
>
>
Re: Is seperate port required by each Agent? [message #94748 is a reply to message #94435] Tue, 03 April 2007 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Igor Alelekov is currently offline Igor Alelekov
Messages: 139
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Krishna,
New Agent Controller uses port 10006 by default.
Backward compatability level uses ports 10002 and 10005 (and 10003 if
security is enabled). It is configured in serviceconfig.xml file.
You could suppress Backward compatibility by commenting corresponding
section out in the config file.

Regards,
Igor
Re: Is seperate port required by each Agent? [message #94911 is a reply to message #94748] Wed, 04 April 2007 13:01 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: cvkmurthy.hotmail.com

Hi Igor,

Thanks a lot for your response. I was able to see these ports by
using "netstat -a" command on windows.

Regards,
Krishna

Igor Alelekov wrote:
> Hi Krishna,
> New Agent Controller uses port 10006 by default.
> Backward compatability level uses ports 10002 and 10005 (and 10003 if
> security is enabled). It is configured in serviceconfig.xml file.
> You could suppress Backward compatibility by commenting corresponding
> section out in the config file.
>
> Regards,
> Igor
>
Previous Topic:Posting on behalf on Navid Mehregani
Next Topic:Data transfer between Client and Agent performance issue
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 23 15:17:18 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01813 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software