Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Servlets and HTML forms loading old data(All servlets and HTML forms in a Dynamic web project are loading data from one particular servlet)
Servlets and HTML forms loading old data [message #792183] Mon, 06 February 2012 18:00 Go to next message
Sudeep Guin is currently offline Sudeep GuinFriend
I have created a few basic servlets and HTML forms in eclipse. But while running a HTML say A.html the browser is still loading data of some other servlet say AServlet.java. Though the browser URL shows A.html but the data is of AServlet.java. These two files are unrelated and not mapped using the web.xml as well.

I have cleared and deleted the server. Did clean- build several times, removed and added project and retried again and again. But its still not working.

I tried deleting the project and the server. But after creating the servlet and adding the server, same problem recurs.

Please help.
Re: Servlets and HTML forms loading old data [message #792201 is a reply to message #792183] Mon, 06 February 2012 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,

Did you try clearing your browser cache too? By default most browsers
cache the results of URL and the next time the browser goes for that URL
it doesn't even go to the server for it, it just pulls it out if its
local cache.

For things like servlets where the output for a specific URL can be
different on every call then you need to tell the browser to not cache
the output of the servlet.
--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: Servlets and HTML forms loading old data [message #793001 is a reply to message #792183] Tue, 07 February 2012 16:53 Go to previous message
Nick Clevery is currently offline Nick CleveryFriend
Sudeep Guin wrote on Mon, 06 February 2012 13:00

I tried deleting the project and the server. But after creating the servlet and adding the server, same problem recurs.

So the problem might be in your code. Please post it here.
Previous Topic:glassfish source attachment
Next Topic:Shortcut key to localize the class in the package explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:41:42 GMT 2024