Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » GridTreeViewer refresh question
GridTreeViewer refresh question [message #789514] Fri, 03 February 2012 04:05 Go to next message
Sharon Snyder is currently offline Sharon SnyderFriend

Hi,

I'm using the GridTreeViewer and have a refresh problem. I call refresh() when my model has changed (typically it's either filled and I'm ready to display it, or it's been emptied and I need to display that fact to the user).

What seems to be happening is that the Grid is holding onto the original model elements somehow. Why is the refresh() function not clearing this structural change? I read the javadocs and thought that the refresh() would be the right one to use vs. the update methods since I had structural changes it needed to take into account. Then again, there are multiple refresh functions - is it possible that I'm using the "wrong one"?

Maybe this is more of a JFace viewer question - I'm not sure....but thought I would start asking here.

Thanks for the help!

-Sharon
Re: GridTreeViewer refresh question [message #790147 is a reply to message #789514] Fri, 03 February 2012 22:05 Go to previous message
Sharon Snyder is currently offline Sharon SnyderFriend

Ok, I was able to resolve this myself. Apparently I had some code to add adapters for the individual records that was leftover from when I started learning EMF, and I never cleaned it up to remove that line that added an adapter....so we were creating references to the individual records, and it looked like it was being held by the GridTreeViewer in the heap dumps we were looking at.

Just wanted to post the update - so nobody thought there was a real problem with the Grid!

-Sharon

Previous Topic:Gantt chart / How to clear all events
Next Topic:[Nebula Gallery] The best way to dispose of items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:18:34 GMT 2024