Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Setting resource attributes not supported on Linux ppc64?
Setting resource attributes not supported on Linux ppc64? [message #788548] Wed, 01 February 2012 23:44
Paul Allen is currently offline Paul AllenFriend
We are testing our product on Eclipse 3.6 and 3.7 for Linux ppc64.

We found that code using IResource.setReadOnly() to set a file to read-only or writable does not work. It appears that there is no implementation of libunixfile_1_0_0.so included for the Linux ppc64 platform.

IResource.setReadOnly is deprecated, but changing to use setResourceAttributes gets the same result.

A message logged when the filesystem code fails to load the library indicates that the function should fall back to using a java.io implementation, but it appears that the setResourceAttributes() is a no-op in this environment.

Is there supposed to be a version of libunixfile_1_0_0.so included with the 3.6 and/or 3.7 distribution for Linux ppc64? And if not, is setAttributes expected to work to simply set the owner's writable flag?

Thanks,
Paul Allen

P.S. This is my first post here. If I've posted in the wrong forum for this topic, please let me know.
Previous Topic:Linked resources and Version Control
Next Topic:Re: How to Draw a line inside a Table?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:08:59 GMT 2024