Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » EGit and RemoteTools (PTP)(eclipse fails to start when using a remote project)
EGit and RemoteTools (PTP) [message #782781] Tue, 24 January 2012 12:51
Ralf Glaser is currently offline Ralf GlaserFriend
Hello,

i'm using Eclipse Indigo with PTP and the latest nightly build of Egit on Windows XP.
Since i failed to add a remote project to my local Git repository using EGit 1.1 (Team->Share, Warning about unset $HOME, no further action) my Eclipse doesn't start anymore and refers me to the error log containing the error below.
Update to EGit 1.2 and 1.3 respectively didn't change anything.
Google found me a patch by Dariusz Luksza (Change-Id: I929c3c32eaa4bd4de4c18d02fb07a44af0af8fe4) which seems to address the problem but should already be included in the latest version.

java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.util.HashMap.get(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Collections$SynchronizedMap.get(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkspaceRoot.getProject(WorkspaceRoot.java:180)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.newResource(Workspace.java:2173)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Container.getChildren(Container.java:154)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkspaceRoot.getProjects(WorkspaceRoot.java:214)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkspaceRoot.getProjects(WorkspaceRoot.java:207)
at org.eclipse.egit.core.project.RepositoryMapping.getMappingForNonWorkspaceResource(RepositoryMapping.java:274)
at org.eclipse.egit.core.project.RepositoryMapping.getMapping(RepositoryMapping.java:219)
Previous Topic:Fetch
Next Topic:Integrate GIT Plugin in a RCP Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:28:14 GMT 2024