Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » QuickFix (Marker Resolutions) not available in the Editor, only in Problems-View?(Marker-Resolutions from the extension point "org.eclipse.ui.ide.markerResolution" only show up in the "Problems"-View, not on the editors Annotations.)
QuickFix (Marker Resolutions) not available in the Editor, only in Problems-View? [message #779487] Sun, 15 January 2012 21:51 Go to next message
Janos Kutscherauer is currently offline Janos KutscherauerFriend
Hello guys,

i am trying to define custom problem markers and custom Quick-Fixes for some specific eclipse editors. In particular, i'm trying with the default Text Editor (org.eclipse.ui.DefaultTextEditor) and the quasi-standard XML Editor (org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLMultiPageEditorPart).

I must be missing out something, but i only see my defined marker resolutions (Quick-Fixes) in the "Problems"-View (by the markers context-menu, or by the shortcut Strg+1 on some marker). However i actually expect the marker resolutions to also appear in the editor itself: When pressing Strg+1 on the marked line/characters, or on the left-hand-sided annotation bar. Just like for instance the Java editor, or also the XML editor provides the Quick-Fixes.

My extension looks like this:
<extension point="org.eclipse.ui.ide.markerResolution">
   <markerResolutionGenerator
         class="com.validator.test.MarkerResolutionGenerator"
         markerType="org.eclipse.core.resources.problemmarker">
   </markerResolutionGenerator>
</extension>

The resolution works for the basic problem markers "org.eclipse.core.resources.problemmarker", but as mentioned only in the Problems View.

What am i missing? Is there a entirely different concept/extension point responsible for providing Quick-Fixes in the editor?

I'd be glad to read your comments - thank you!
Re: QuickFix (Marker Resolutions) not available in the Editor, only in Problems-View? [message #781965 is a reply to message #779487] Sun, 22 January 2012 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitesurfer () is currently offline Kitesurfer ()Friend
I don't have the problem you describe. When I add markers via below code they appear both on the problems-view and in the editor (lcIFile is an IFile of a particular editor).

IMarker lcMarker = lcIFile.createMarker(IMarker.PROBLEM);
lcMarker.setAttribute(IMarker.LINE_NUMBER, lcErrorLineNumber );
lcMarker.setAttribute(IMarker.CHAR_START, lcOffSet );
lcMarker.setAttribute(IMarker.CHAR_END, lcOffSet + lcWordLen );
lcMarker.setAttribute(IMarker.MESSAGE, lcErrorText);
lcMarker.setAttribute(IMarker.TEXT, lcErrorText);
lcMarker.setAttribute(IMarker.PRIORITY, IMarker.PRIORITY_HIGH);
if (warning == true) {
lcMarker.setAttribute(IMarker.SEVERITY , IMarker.SEVERITY_WARNING);
} else {
lcMarker.setAttribute(IMarker.SEVERITY , IMarker.SEVERITY_ERROR);
}
Re: QuickFix (Marker Resolutions) not available in the Editor, only in Problems-View? [message #782845 is a reply to message #779487] Tue, 24 January 2012 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Janos Kutscherauer is currently offline Janos KutscherauerFriend
Hello and thank you for your answer.
However i have no problems with Markers either, but with their Resolutions, a.k.a. "QuickFixes". They don't appear in the editors Resolution lists, only in the Problems View's list.
Re: QuickFix (Marker Resolutions) not available in the Editor, only in Problems-View? [message #1739166 is a reply to message #782845] Thu, 28 July 2016 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moemen Elsayed is currently offline Moemen ElsayedFriend
I have the same problem. Have you found a solution?
Re: QuickFix (Marker Resolutions) not available in the Editor, only in Problems-View? [message #1739232 is a reply to message #782845] Thu, 28 July 2016 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moemen Elsayed is currently offline Moemen ElsayedFriend
I have the same issue. The QuickFixes don't appear the same like what appears in JDT when I press on the marker icon in the ruler column. does anyone find a solution?
Re: QuickFix (Marker Resolutions) not available in the Editor, only in Problems-View? [message #1831527 is a reply to message #1739232] Fri, 21 August 2020 17:51 Go to previous message
Artsiom Chapialiou is currently offline Artsiom ChapialiouFriend
Editor should support QuickFixes explicitly.
Saw somewhere explanation from Eclipse maintainers about that. Try to google if need details.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Plugin Console Launch Buttons
Next Topic:PDE Build vs. Maven + Tycho
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 23:05:27 GMT 2024