Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » "ERROR" message in TextEditor(TextEditor displays error message only)
"ERROR" message in TextEditor [message #774779] Wed, 04 January 2012 15:33 Go to next message
Oleg Schtofenmaher is currently offline Oleg SchtofenmaherFriend
Hello, everyone.

I'm playing around with Text Editor of Eclipse. I've got the sources of EclipseCon 2006 - RecipeEditor. I've tried running step 2-syntaxColoring and it worked great. Now I've moved to step 3-partitioning and that is where I encontered the problem. Text Editor is displaying a blank list with a word ERROR written on it and nothing more.

I've reserched the message as far as I could and followed it into StatusTextEditor.updatePartControl().

The following line IStatus status= extension.getStatus(input); returns status = "Status ERROR: org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor code=1 ERROR null".

Can anyone give me a pointer to where to look for further, or what the error code means?

[Updated on: Wed, 04 January 2012 15:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "ERROR" message in TextEditor [message #774796 is a reply to message #774779] Wed, 04 January 2012 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I've have seen till now, the document provider is based on FileDocumentProvider. When openning a file of registered type, FileDocumentProvider.setDocumentContent is called. It does the following check: if (editorInput instanceof IFileEditorInput), but editorInput is not an instanceof IFileEditorInput, but of FileStoreEditorInput, so nothing happens...
Re: "ERROR" message in TextEditor [message #775121 is a reply to message #774796] Thu, 05 January 2012 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
On 04.01.2012 17:26, Oleg Schtofenmaher wrote:
> From what I've have seen till now, the document provider is based on
> FileDocumentProvider. When openning a file of registered type,
> FileDocumentProvider.setDocumentContent is called. It does the
> following check: if (editorInput instanceof IFileEditorInput), but
> editorInput is not an instanceof IFileEditorInput, but of
> FileStoreEditorInput, so nothing happens...
Use a TextFileDocumentProvider.

Dani
Re: "ERROR" message in TextEditor [message #779294 is a reply to message #775121] Sun, 15 January 2012 08:55 Go to previous message
Thanks Dani, from what I gathered that there is the difference between opening a file from Project (where ther above method works) and opening the file without a Project and then TextFileDocumentProvider is needed.
Thank you again.
Previous Topic:Action links in a console
Next Topic:eclipse text editor support for SJIS encoding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:15:33 GMT 2024