Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Code assist accidentally stopped working
Code assist accidentally stopped working [message #771910] Wed, 28 December 2011 14:01 Go to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
Hi,

I have a java project. Code assist was working perfectly. I've checkouted another branch and created new workspace under eclipse. When I tried to use code-assist it stopped working. I tried to open an old workspace where code assist was working, but it didn't work there too. I removed eclispe and downloaded and unpacked it again, but this didn't help. Please advise.

P.s. on content assist preferences section everything that is necessary is selected.
Re: Code assist accidentally stopped working [message #772168 is a reply to message #771910] Thu, 29 December 2011 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've downloaded eclipse java (previously i had eclipse jee) and created new workspace. content assist was working like a charm. Then I've opened that workspace with eclipse jee and it also worked (newly created workspace with eclipse jee didn't). then I tried to load workspace with my project with eclipse java. When I tried ctrl+space (content assist) I've got this message:

"some content proposal kinds have been uninstalled. It is recommended to review the content assist settings".

Please help, bcs I literally cannot work 2nd day.
index.php/fa/6596/0/
Re: Code assist accidentally stopped working [message #772172 is a reply to message #772168] Thu, 29 December 2011 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I found the solution. I deleted .metadata folder and deleted .project. Created project anew and till now, content assistant is working.
Re: Code assist accidentally stopped working [message #772177 is a reply to message #772172] Thu, 29 December 2011 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Content assist still doesn't working but in 1 class only. I think the problem is that it contains many anonymous inner classes (54 exactly). Ctrl+space(content assist) works on the top class and on some of the inner classes but it doesn't work on others inner classes.
Re: Code assist accidentally stopped working [message #772184 is a reply to message #772177] Thu, 29 December 2011 07:39 Go to previous message
filed a bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=367612
Previous Topic:deleted
Next Topic:how to get dataset field value in script section
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:08:28 GMT 2024