Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » running CDT indexer from commandline(How to run CDT indexer from command line interface.)
icon3.gif  running CDT indexer from commandline [message #760771] Mon, 05 December 2011 08:53 Go to next message
Pankaj Missing name is currently offline Pankaj Missing nameFriend
I am observing that eclipse crashes everytime I try to index a huge codebase. I believe if I run CDT indexer from commandline, while eclipse IDE (in GUI) is not running, it will help me save some of the server resources and chances of successful indexing will be more. I got info from on how to invoke CDT indexer.

http : //aholzner.wordpress.com/2010/09/26/generating-c-index-files-for-eclipse-from-the-command-line-linux/

But I got following error while indexing the code.

$ eclipse -data ~/workspace/ -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.core.GeneratePDOM -target ~/workspace/myPDOM.pdom -source /source_path -id ""
== Initializing
-pprovider not specified - defaulting to org.eclipse.cdt.core.index.export.ExternalExportProjectProvider
== Generation starts
Pre-built index content is incomplete or out of date
== Generation ends
Job found still running after platform shutdown.  Jobs should be canceled by the plugin that scheduled them during shutdown: org.eclipse.core.internal.refresh.RefreshJob
Job found still running after platform shutdown.  Jobs should be canceled by the plugin that scheduled them during shutdown: org.eclipse.core.internal.refresh.RefreshJob

I would appreciate if someone can help me fixing this.

Thanks,
Pankaj
Re: running CDT indexer from commandline [message #1279422 is a reply to message #760771] Fri, 28 March 2014 18:30 Go to previous message
Mai Nguyen is currently offline Mai NguyenFriend
I recently have a chance to try this and it happened to me as well, but not every time, with the same large code base. Sometimes it does run, but then stops. I am thinking it is because of the index database cache limit.
I am wondering if you know how to increase the index database cache limit from the command line, or probably whatever maximum VM heap size is set in the eclipse.ini is already good enough. Looks like the default index database cache size set within Eclipse is 64MB, so I am wondering if that would be the default when you run GeneratePDOM as well.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.
Previous Topic:Commit files within Eclipse RSE
Next Topic:Add directory to PATH environment variable, globally and programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:41:47 GMT 2024