Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Building Eclipse Rich Client Applications using Hudson
icon5.gif  Building Eclipse Rich Client Applications using Hudson [message #758936] Fri, 25 November 2011 10:51 Go to next message
ali Mising name is currently offline ali Mising nameFriend
Hello all,

I'm excited about the prospects of using Hudson to build my Eclipse RCP application, however I would very much appreciate some direction.

My Eclipse RCP Application has dependencies on in-house jars with version numbered file names that also need to be built whenever the code base changes (i.e. DataModel_1.2.3.jar, DataModel_1.2.4.jar, DataModel_1.2.5.jar).

Here are my major questions:

• How should I update my Eclipse Plug-in Manifest file dependencies to refer to newly built, in-house jar files with file names that contain incremental version numbering?
  • How do you recommend I build the headless Eclipse RCP application?
  • I'm unsure if I should compliment Hudson with other technologies to achieve my requirements (i.e. Ivy), or if I am expected to write custom Hudson plug-ins or if my problems have already been solved by Hudson?

I'd love some direction because my project team really need to hit the ground running and we'd love to know if Hudson can be used.

Thanks

Ali.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2011 11:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Building Eclipse Rich Client Applications using Hudson [message #758989 is a reply to message #758936] Fri, 25 November 2011 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duncan Mills is currently offline Duncan MillsFriend

There seems to be some useful information about building RCP with Hudson in the Eclipse Wiki.
Check out: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Building_an_RCP_application_with_hudson_%28Buckminster%29
That's probably a great place to start.
Duncan

Duncan Mills
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Building Eclipse Rich Client Applications using Hudson [message #759162 is a reply to message #758989] Sun, 27 November 2011 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ali Mising name is currently offline ali Mising nameFriend
Could I achieve my goals by developing some custom Hudson plug-ins?
Re: Building Eclipse Rich Client Applications using Hudson [message #760533 is a reply to message #759162] Fri, 02 December 2011 17:57 Go to previous message
Stuart McCulloch is currently offline Stuart McCullochFriend
Hi Ali,

Yes, you could do that - and there's a plugin tutorial available on the wiki - but you might want to look at Tycho which lets you build Eclipse/RCP projects using Maven. There are several Eclipse projects already using Tycho for headless builds, and you can then use the new Maven 3 integration in Hudson (ie. the Maven 3 build step in the Freestyle job) to detect when the code/snapshots change and trigger new builds.

HTH

--
Cheers, Stuart
Previous Topic:About this forum
Next Topic:ssh access to hudson.eclipse.org
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:32:07 GMT 2024