Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Hello World execution problem(Hello World compiled, but cannot execute)
Hello World execution problem [message #756965] Tue, 15 November 2011 18:14 Go to next message
footballfanz is currently offline footballfanzFriend
Hi everyone, I have successfully used Eclipse for Java and Python development before, but being not much of a C++ developer, I decided to familiarize myself with CDT.

What better place to start than a simple Hello World project, right? I named the project "test", it compiles, doesn't seem to have any error message related to the project, so I hit Run, fully expecting to see "Hello World" echoed on the console. To my surprise, nothing shows in the console. The header of the console says <terminated> test.exe. So I open a command prompt, go to the workspace debug folder containing the executable, type in test. An error message pops up: "This application has failed to start because libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem", with the heading "test.exe - Unable to Locate Component".

I decided to try debugging it. Stepping into each line, I can see that the program can actually run and "Hello World" is output to the console, but it gives an error message at the very end after running the return 0 statement: "No source available for "__mingw_CRTStartup() at 0x4010db"

A word about my configuration:
Windows XP SP3
Eclipse Helio with CDT (Version: Helios Service Release 2)
MinGW with MINSYS installed
My CDT plugin is "org.eclipse.cdt.core.win32_5.2.0.201102110609"

Any suggestion of how to fix this? Thanks!

Re: Hello World execution problem [message #757739 is a reply to message #756965] Mon, 21 November 2011 12:42 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4702732/the-program-cant-start-because-libgcc-s-dw2-1-dll-is-missing

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Include library on Linux Eclipse
Next Topic:new to CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:49:38 GMT 2024