Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » *.product and config.ini files(computer and os independent ?)
*.product and config.ini files [message #755222] Mon, 07 November 2011 18:03 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I wonder how I can have the products and the config files that are computer and os independant.

So far I have identified two problems:

Required Plug-ins contains OS specific fragments:
      <plugin id="org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_64" fragment="true"/>

The remote files service in config.ini of the server (products\development\config.ini). The rootPath contains an absolute path. This is computer specific.
### Service Runtime Configuration
org.eclipse.scout.rt.server.services.common.file.RemoteFileService#rootPath=C:/Users/jbr/code/indigo_mcqs/org.eclipselabs.mcqs.server/j2ee/ear/war/WEB-INF/remotefiles

Is there any other files containing similar problems?

What are the possibilities to make these files computer and os independent ?

What I want to achieve is to be able to check out my repository anywhere and run the scout application.

Re: *.product and config.ini files [message #755813 is a reply to message #755222] Wed, 09 November 2011 16:35 Go to previous message
Jonas Mendler is currently offline Jonas MendlerFriend
In one of our projects we solved the problem of computer specific configuration files.

To do so we wrote a patch for the org.eclipse.osgi plugin (Eclipse Verison 3.5.2 Build id: M20100211-1343).

With this patch it is possible to place your configuration file somwhere you want making use of variables defined on your system.

For example your configuration file "myConfig.ini" is reacheable by the path "/${myPlace.dir}/myConfig.ini" where the variable "myPlace.dir" is defined on your system.

The existing patch works only with a shared configuration area. To make use of it add the following lines to your base configuration file.

###Refere to a shared configuration file
osgi.configuration.cascaded=true
osgi.sharedConfiguration.area=/${myPlace.dir}/myConfig.ini

When eclipse now get started it reads your base configuration file, gets all properties out of it, then reads(replaces ${myPlace.dir}) your shared configuration file, get all properties out of it and merges them with the properties from your base configuration.

Previous Topic:Scout - Indigo SR1 - Unable to export war
Next Topic:Connection string not excepted by Scout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:47:36 GMT 2024