Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » ContainerShape as parent of a connection(ContainerShape as parent of a connection)
ContainerShape as parent of a connection [message #754926] Sat, 05 November 2011 06:42 Go to next message
Kunal Prasad is currently offline Kunal PrasadFriend
A container shape which has in turn many container shapes as its children resides in a diagram. I have created connections between the container shapes which are children. Now if the parent container shape is re-sized to less height & width than needed, the children become invisible which is expected. However, the connections between the children container shapes still remain visible, hanging in the diagram with no source & target.

On debugging the parent shape, it is found that connection are not its children, only shapes are. So how to make connection within a container shape attached itself as children of the container shape, so that re-sizing the parent makes the connections also invisible.

Thanks,
Kunal
Re: ContainerShape as parent of a connection [message #754956 is a reply to message #754926] Sat, 05 November 2011 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hernan Gonzalez is currently offline Hernan GonzalezFriend
I'm not sure if I understand your scenario, but:
First, you can see the Graphiti pictograms hierarchy here. A Connection is not tied to a Shape but to a pair of Anchors (target and source) (the Anchors are typically inside a Shape).
YOu say that in your diagram you can resize some container Shapes so that some children Shapes become invisible because they cannot fit inside its small parent. For me, that would be a somewhat confusing or undesirable behaviour, but it might be ok in your application... as long as ou don't pretend that invisibility equals non-existence (the shape is not visible, but it's still there). Now, to expect that some connection from that "invisible" shape is also invisible, is too much. I doubt that can be done, and I doubt even more that you really want that, it smells as bad design to me.
Re: ContainerShape as parent of a connection [message #754975 is a reply to message #754956] Sun, 06 November 2011 09:19 Go to previous message
Andreas Graf is currently offline Andreas GrafFriend
I think this has been discussed here: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/716846/
Previous Topic:Tabbed property sections are sometimes not activated.
Next Topic:Context menu entries via standard extension points
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:59:24 GMT 2024