Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity(Legend Toggle Visibility)
Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735638] Wed, 12 October 2011 13:04 Go to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
I'm having difficulty getting my line chart to toggle visibility of my Y-Series datapoints.
I have a single grouped Y-series...12 groups on chart.
My legend shows these groups, but no matter what combination of Toggle selections I set in the Chart properties I can not get it to toggle the groups off/on.
Chart settings:
Value(Y) Series -> Mouse Click -> Toggle Datapoint Visibility
ChartArea -> Y-Axis -> Mouse Click -> Toggle Visibility
Legend -> Behavior -> None
Legend -> Mouse Click -> Toggle Visibility

I'm new to BIRT, sorry for the noob question, but any help is greatly appreciated.
Thx
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735688 is a reply to message #735638] Wed, 12 October 2011 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Toggle data point visibility shoule be set here:
Value(Y) Series -> Mouse Click -> Toggle Datapoint Visibility

Look at the attached example. This only works for SVG charts and when
you preview the report the browser needs to support SVG. Look at this
preference:

Window->Preferences->Report Design->Preview
There is a check box for Enable SVG Chart. Make sure it is checked.
You can also use an external browser. I believe SVG is supported
natively in Firefox.

Jason



On 10/12/2011 9:04 AM, robinsonjas wrote:
> I'm having difficulty getting my line chart to toggle visibility of my
> Y-Series datapoints.
> I have a single grouped Y-series...12 groups on chart.
> My legend shows these groups, but no matter what combination of Toggle
> selections I set in the Chart properties I can not get it to toggle the
> groups off/on.
> Chart settings:
> Value(Y) Series -> Mouse Click -> Toggle Datapoint Visibility
> ChartArea -> Y-Axis -> Mouse Click -> Toggle Visibility
> Legend -> Behavior -> None
> Legend -> Mouse Click -> Toggle Visibility
>
> I'm new to BIRT, sorry for the noob question, but any help is greatly
> appreciated.
> Thx
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735708 is a reply to message #735688] Wed, 12 October 2011 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
I get error: "The report file of version "3.2.21" is not supported"
I am running 2.2.1 because it is being integrated into IBM TCR - and that's the version they support.
Will toggle still work in 2.2.1?
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735717 is a reply to message #735638] Wed, 12 October 2011 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Toggle data point visibility shoule be set here:
Value(Y) Series -> Mouse Click -> Toggle Datapoint Visibility

Look at the attached example. This only works for SVG charts and when
you preview the report the browser needs to support SVG. Look at this
preference:

Window->Preferences->Report Design->Preview
There is a check box for Enable SVG Chart. Make sure it is checked.
You can also use an external browser. I believe SVG is supported
natively in Firefox.

Jason



On 10/12/2011 9:04 AM, robinsonjas wrote:
> I'm having difficulty getting my line chart to toggle visibility of my
> Y-Series datapoints.
> I have a single grouped Y-series...12 groups on chart.
> My legend shows these groups, but no matter what combination of Toggle
> selections I set in the Chart properties I can not get it to toggle the
> groups off/on.
> Chart settings:
> Value(Y) Series -> Mouse Click -> Toggle Datapoint Visibility
> ChartArea -> Y-Axis -> Mouse Click -> Toggle Visibility
> Legend -> Behavior -> None
> Legend -> Mouse Click -> Toggle Visibility
>
> I'm new to BIRT, sorry for the noob question, but any help is greatly
> appreciated.
> Thx
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735741 is a reply to message #735708] Wed, 12 October 2011 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

I believe toggle was in 2.2.1. Did you check the preferences?

Jason

On 10/12/2011 11:10 AM, robinsonjas wrote:
> I get error: "The report file of version "3.2.21" is not supported"
> I am running 2.2.1 because it is being integrated into IBM TCR - and
> that's the version they support.
> Will toggle still work in 2.2.1?
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735742 is a reply to message #735708] Wed, 12 October 2011 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
My chart is SVG type - I set the preferences as you stated...I still can not get the toggle to work. Do you have a previous copy of a report with toggle from version 2.2.1 as an example you can point me to?
I tested my browser (Firefox) for SVG support and it looks ok.
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735748 is a reply to message #735742] Wed, 12 October 2011 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
http://bbmetalfab.com/eclipse_chart_settings.png
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735756 is a reply to message #735717] Wed, 12 October 2011 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
No Message Body
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735775 is a reply to message #735756] Wed, 12 October 2011 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

I will download 2.2.2 and give it a try.

Jason

On 10/12/2011 12:22 PM, robinsonjas wrote:
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735783 is a reply to message #735775] Wed, 12 October 2011 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Attached is one I did in 2.1.1 and it worked.

Jason

On 10/12/2011 12:53 PM, Jason Weathersby wrote:
> I will download 2.2.2 and give it a try.
>
> Jason
>
> On 10/12/2011 12:22 PM, robinsonjas wrote:
  • Attachment: test.zip
    (Size: 4.13KB, Downloaded 81 times)
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735800 is a reply to message #735783] Wed, 12 October 2011 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
Hmm, something's definitely not right. I open your rptdesign file and deploy to TCR server... Still doesn't work.
I set my preferences to Firefox (external) but it doesn't launch...so I can't locally preview the report you sent.
Window->Preferences->Report Design->Preview
There is a check box for Enable SVG Chart. Make sure it is checked.
You can also use an external browser. I believe SVG is supported
natively in Firefox.
Should I just start from scratch and reinstall 2.2.1?
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #735819 is a reply to message #735800] Wed, 12 October 2011 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

If you have the svg check box checked, and you just preview with the tab
at the bottom of the editor it should work.

Jason

On 10/12/2011 2:27 PM, robinsonjas wrote:
> Hmm, something's definitely not right. I open your rptdesign file and
> deploy to TCR server... Still doesn't work.
> I set my preferences to Firefox (external) but it doesn't launch...so I
> can't locally preview the report you sent.
> Window->Preferences->Report Design->Preview
> There is a check box for Enable SVG Chart. Make sure it is checked.
> You can also use an external browser. I believe SVG is supported
> natively in Firefox.
> Should I just start from scratch and reinstall 2.2.1?
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #736034 is a reply to message #735819] Thu, 13 October 2011 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
I tried the preview tab - I get:
HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

I'm trying from start to finish on a new pc today...to see if I've mangled something in my Eclipse setup somewhere.
I'll report back.
Thanks for your help on this issue.
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #736069 is a reply to message #736034] Thu, 13 October 2011 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
Making progress...
I unzipped a fresh packange of BIRT 2.2.1 on new pc.
Opened your test, previewed w/ SVG Pref & it works!
So I exported to Archive, deploy to TCR server and no dice.
The web source shows it as PNG? even though in the rptdesign it's SVG.
Any ideas? Browser is IE, I did Adobe install of SVG 3.0 and tested...looks good to me.
Thanks
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #736112 is a reply to message #736069] Thu, 13 October 2011 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Does the TCR server use the RE API to run the reports or the BIRT Viewer?

Jason

On 10/13/2011 9:39 AM, robinsonjas wrote:
> Making progress...
> I unzipped a fresh packange of BIRT 2.2.1 on new pc.
> Opened your test, previewed w/ SVG Pref & it works!
> So I exported to Archive, deploy to TCR server and no dice.
> The web source shows it as PNG? even though in the rptdesign it's SVG.
> Any ideas? Browser is IE, I did Adobe install of SVG 3.0 and
> tested...looks good to me.
> Thanks
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #736116 is a reply to message #735638] Thu, 13 October 2011 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
appears to use RE API:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/tivoli/library/t-tcr/ibm_tiv_tcr_common_reporting_initiative.pdf
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #736134 is a reply to message #736116] Thu, 13 October 2011 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
root@xxxxxx:/opt/ibm/ac62/configuration>cat config.ini
# Eclipse runtime configuration file
# This file contains a number of key/value pairs that are merged into the
# System properties on system startup. The values control the way the
# runtime is structured and runs.
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #736138 is a reply to message #736116] Thu, 13 October 2011 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

The code may not be setting the supported image formats:

HTMLRenderOption renderOption = new HTMLRenderOption( );
...set up options
renderOption.setSupportedImageFormats("PNG;GIF;JPG;BMP;SWF;SVG");

if SVG is not in the list charts are automatically converted to an image
format.

Jason


On 10/13/2011 11:50 AM, robinsonjas wrote:
> appears to use RE API:
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/tivoli/library/t-tcr/ibm_tiv_tcr_common_reporting_initiative.pdf
>
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #736145 is a reply to message #736134] Thu, 13 October 2011 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
It looks like Eclipse can run it's own webserver, should I just go that route?
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #736154 is a reply to message #736145] Thu, 13 October 2011 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

You could try to put the following script in the beforeFactory:
var xyz =
reportContext.getRenderOption().getOption("supportedImageFormats");
reportContext.getRenderOption().setOption("supportedImageFormats", xyz
+";SVG");

But I do not think this will work.

Jason

On 10/13/2011 12:53 PM, robinsonjas wrote:
> It looks like Eclipse can run it's own webserver, should I just go that
> route?
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #736158 is a reply to message #736154] Thu, 13 October 2011 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
pardon my ignorance, where does that code go?
Re: Toggle DataPoint Visibility using Legend Interactivity [message #736185 is a reply to message #736158] Thu, 13 October 2011 18:51 Go to previous message
robinsonjas  is currently offline robinsonjas Friend
Messages: 21
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
Found it...works!
Thanks a lot for the help!
Previous Topic:Office 2010 Emitters
Next Topic:jboss security problem
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Dec 20 20:53:51 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02180 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software