Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » How to filter the results on the basis of list box in report?
How to filter the results on the basis of list box in report? [message #731999] Mon, 03 October 2011 16:24 Go to next message
Anurag  is currently offline Anurag
Messages: 47
Registered: September 2011
Member
How to filter results on the basis of a list box in a report? My report consists of a html list box in a report. On click of say refresh button it should filter and show results. Please provide link to the example. I have gone through the BIRt help - field guide to BIRT. But there is no such example.

Thank you.

Anurag
Re: How to filter the results on the basis of list box in report? [message #732033 is a reply to message #731999] Mon, 03 October 2011 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Take a look at this example.

Jason

On 10/3/2011 12:24 PM, Anurag wrote:
> How to filter results on the basis of a list box in a report? My report
> consists of a html list box in a report. On click of say refresh button
> it should filter and show results. Please provide link to the example. I
> have gone through the BIRt help - field guide to BIRT. But there is no
> such example.
> Thank you.
>
> Anurag
  • Attachment: filter.zip
    (Size: 4.53KB, Downloaded 99 times)
Re: How to filter the results on the basis of list box in report? [message #733377 is a reply to message #732033] Tue, 04 October 2011 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anurag  is currently offline Anurag
Messages: 47
Registered: September 2011
Member
Thanks for reply Jason. However this report is not working in Firefox. Also is it possible to reduce or increase the size of 'Value (Y) Series' run time. Say when number of results along X axis increases I want to reduce the font size of 'Value (Y) Series'. Is it possible?

Thank you.

Anurag
Re: How to filter the results on the basis of list box in report? [message #733401 is a reply to message #733377] Tue, 04 October 2011 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

It worked for me in Firefox. What error are you getting?
You can set the font sized based on the number of data points. Is that
what you want? Do you mean the Value (Y) Series label? What type of chart?

Jason

On 10/4/2011 11:44 AM, Anurag wrote:
> Thanks for reply Jason. However this report is not working in Firefox.
> Also is it possible to reduce or increase the size of 'Value (Y) Series'
> run time. Say when number of results along X axis increases I want to
> reduce the font size of 'Value (Y) Series'. Is it possible?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Anurag
Re: How to filter the results on the basis of list box in report? [message #733556 is a reply to message #733401] Wed, 05 October 2011 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anurag  is currently offline Anurag
Messages: 47
Registered: September 2011
Member
Thanks for reply, Jason.

1. I am not getting any error in Firefox. However, when I click on Refresh button nothing happens.

2. About reducing the size of font. When I increase 'No of Customers' to say Top 30 the font size of values that is 'Value (Y) Series' labels also decreases. However, I want to decrease it further when no of data in this report 'No of Customers' increases. Is it possible?

Thank you, again.

Anurag

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2011 10:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to filter the results on the basis of list box in report? [message #733743 is a reply to message #733556] Wed, 05 October 2011 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

What version of ff are you using? It works in ie for you?

On font size take a look at this example:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1422-change-series-label-font-size-based-on-number-of-points/

Jason

On 10/4/2011 11:24 PM, Anurag wrote:
> Thanks for reply, Jason.
>
> 1. I am not getting any error in Firefox. However, when I click on
> Refresh button nothing happens.
>
> 2. About reducing the size of font. See
> http://115.248.229.54:8888/birt/frameset?__report=CustomerPotential5.rptdesign
> report. when I increase 'No of Customers' to say Top 30. The font size
> of values that is 'Value (Y) Series' labels also decreases. However, I
> want to decrease it further when no of data in this report 'No of
> Customers' increases. Is it possible?
>
> Thank you, again.
>
> Anurag
Re: How to filter the results on the basis of list box in report? [message #735246 is a reply to message #733743] Tue, 11 October 2011 10:28 Go to previous message
Anurag  is currently offline Anurag
Messages: 47
Registered: September 2011
Member
Thank you Jason.

Regards,

Anurag
Previous Topic:Table Sorting
Next Topic:Problems with org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException; org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Oct 25 07:46:41 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01794 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software