Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » [Solved] Crosstab Data Format different between designer and sdk
[Solved] Crosstab Data Format different between designer and sdk [message #730808] Thu, 29 September 2011 08:20 Go to next message
john mcteague is currently offline john mcteagueFriend
I have a very simple cross tab example that I have attached which is based on the classic models db.

I have one group with both Year and Month in the heirarchy and have chosen to format the month in 3 letter string format (via the Edit Date level dialog).

In the designer I get:

|           2003                                |
              |jan|feb|mar|apr|may|jun|jul|aug|sep|oct|nov|dec|
Cancelled     | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

When I run it using genReport.bat from the birt runtime I get the same output. But when I run it inside my bespoke application, which uses the same version of BIRT (2.6.2 in this case), I get the following:
              |           2003                                |
              | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10| 11| 12|
Cancelled     | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

Ive been over my bespoke code with a fine tooth comb and compared it to the classes used by genReport, but cant see any specific settings or config that may be attributable to this.

Does anyone have any ideas why the month formatting may be ignored?

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2011 11:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Crosstab Data Format different between designer and sdk [message #730960 is a reply to message #730808] Thu, 29 September 2011 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Are you sure that both are using the same jars? BTW are you setting a
locale?

Jason

On 9/29/2011 4:20 AM, john mcteague wrote:
> I have a very simple cross tab example that I have attached which is based on the classic models db.
>
> I have one group with both Year and Month in the heirarchy and have chosen to format the month in 3 letter string format (via the Edit Date level dialog).
>
> In the designer I get:
>
>
> | 2003 |
> |jan|feb|mar|apr|may|jun|jul|aug|sep|oct|nov|dec|
> Cancelled | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
> ....
> ....
>
>
>
> When I run it using genReport.bat from the birt runtime I get the same output. But when I run it inside my bespoke application, which uses the same version of BIRT (2.6.2 in this case), I get the following:
>
> | 2003 |
> | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10| 11| 12|
> Cancelled | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
> ....
> ....
>
>
> Ive been over my bespoke code with a fine tooth comb and compared it to the classes used by genReport, but cant see any specific settings or config that may be attributable to this.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why the month formatting may be ignored?
Re: Crosstab Data Format different between designer and sdk [message #731015 is a reply to message #730960] Thu, 29 September 2011 17:18 Go to previous message
john mcteague is currently offline john mcteagueFriend
You have hit upon the problem, it is locale based. Having moved the reports to another server the problem didnt occur. By default I always set Locale.getDefault() on the task objects, which on the problematic server says its en_US. However in my app users can specify their locale, if they pick en_US explicitly it fixes the problem (or any other locale for that matter).
Previous Topic:DateTime Chart
Next Topic:"Big" report unBirtable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:08:34 GMT 2024